30 Day Shred Breaks

Options
I was doing pretty well with my 30DS. I got up to Day 6 and just stopped. My days are just tiring and the only way I can fit it in is to wake up early or wait until the kids go down. And I usually fall asleep WHILE putting them to bed, so my only option is up early. I think I've skipped it for about three days now.

How long do you guys go, personally, before you decide, "Hm.. I should start back on Day 1" versus having X days break and continuing on whatever your next day should be?

Not looking for rules.. just what YOU do. :) I'm just wondering whether to continue or start over.

Replies

• wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I did level 1 and 2 in 20 days and then took a week vacation and now doing level 3...
  • stef_3
    stef_3 Posts: 173
    Options
    I do the 30DS M-F and I have to either wake up early to do it or do it while my kids nap. On Sat I have a stroller fitness class so I don't do the shred and Sun I take off. When I first started I did Sun-Fri and the Sat class and it was a bit much since I still run 2-3 5ks a week along with it. Good luck, hope you can find the time to fit it in. It's hard with young kids, but you can do it.
  • comebackgirl
    Options
    I'm doing it now on level 2 and I haven't done it since friday, but I have been substituting it for her other workouts. Like 6 wk 6 pack and Boost Metabolism. So tomorrow I will start back on 30DS level 2 and continue to friday. That's just my routine and I have to do my 30DS in the morning before I go to work. It helps give me energy! I hope this HELPS! GOOD LUCK!
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I am waiting for my video to come. I plan on taking breaks, I do zumba 3 times a week and I am not going to do it on those days. I hear (read) people talk about taking breaks, so I think my plan will be ok.
  • TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I usually do 30 DS 4-5 days a wek with other cardio. The other days I do cardio and some abs and usually take a rest day on Saturday or Sunday. I work out early before my kids wake up. If I wait until the evening, it won't get done. The early workout energizes me and sets the tone for a healthy day. Plus, it's "me time" before the kids get up. I hope you find what works for you :)