Is it fair the DELETE friends who use MFP as social networki

Options

Replies

• JsGirl93
    JsGirl93 Posts: 1,156
    Options
    you do you, and let others do them. If you don't like the social aspect and do not like to see others use it that way, delete them. No big deal.... You use it as you feel you need to.
    Agreed Bry

though, I would like to point out the irony in this post........................ :flowerforyou:
    Yes Bry! This! Lol
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Throw em off! I notice it Mostly with Women...drama, PMS and so on!
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Its a social network with fitness being the common bond

I agree with Mr. Awesome!
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Do whatever you want lol

You'd probably find yourself having little in common with them anyway
  • shorty458
    shorty458 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, to each their own. I like making new friends on here, because a lot of my friends in real life don't have to lose weight. (all of my FB friends are people I know in real life) The ones that do live 1300 miles away and aren't on a diet. This here helps because a lot of people have the same common goals, so they understand what you are going through.
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    bumping to read later! Dont friend this cat! Im alot depressed!!! BUT I TRY!
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I just do not like people usng MFP as social media, like Facebook and Twitter.

MFP is more of a weight management/fitness tool, right?

I actually LIKE it because not only are you meeting like minded people who are keeping up with exercise and calorie goals, but I have met cool people all over the world. In fact I use fb LESS because of MFP.

I agree! While we may not all have the same goals or experiences, at least this site, along with like-minded friends is productive. Unlike FB.....
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Just delete them. No one cares why you do it. Really.

ya, then go join that forum that is all about fitness...what's it called again, www.bodybuilding.com. BTW, I am reporting you for using the FB reference on here...lmao.
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options

If that was the case, there would be no message boards.
    Or newsfeeds. But, if I had any friends who didn't want to use it as a social network (I don't have any who don't), I'd prefer they delete me. We are probablly conflicting personalities anyway.

Thanks for the permission to delete you! Done! BP!
  • Kohadre
    Kohadre Posts: 316
    Options
    My fitness - PAL.

Yup.
  • Krull_the_WarriorKing
    Options
    Will all of you social "butterflies" be my friend?
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I use Facebook to piss off relatives with my personal political views.

I use Twitter to ***** about companies who don't treat me like a valued customer.

I use MFP to chat it up with like minded friends and share experiences. Hopefully I don't annoy anyone too much.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I could care less if they use it as a sex chat site...if I don't like it, I'll remove them, or wouldn't have friended them in the first place.

For the record, I'm actually ONLY here for the social aspects anymore...and to support my friends still losing weight. I DO still learn and share what I've learned on the forums...but what keeps me logging in EVERY DAY is my wonderful MFPeeps.

So is it fair for you to delete them? Sure it is. Is it fair for them to use the site as they wish, within the context of the rules?

You bet your *kitten* =D.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I could care less if they use it as a sex chat site...if I don't like it, I'll remove them, or wouldn't have friended them in the first place.

For the record, I'm actually ONLY here for the social aspects anymore...and to support my friends still losing weight. I DO still learn and share what I've learned on the forums...but what keeps me logging in EVERY DAY is my wonderful MFPeeps.

So is it fair for you to delete them? Sure it is. Is it fair for them to use the site as they wish, within the context of the rules?

hahaha, you betted someone else's *kitten*!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

hahaha, you betted someone else's *kitten*!

Well, I more gave him permission to bet his own *kitten*...but yeah =D.
  • JsGirl93
    JsGirl93 Posts: 1,156
    Options

If that was the case, there would be no message boards.
    Or newsfeeds. But, if I had any friends who didn't want to use it as a social network (I don't have any who don't), I'd prefer they delete me. We are probablly conflicting personalities anyway.

Thanks for the permission to delete you! Done! BP!

I will stalk you to the ends of the Earth!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    It's your experience! :)
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    I don't like whiners or people who create drama or who spam the news feed with nonsense and negativity

If they can keep to that standard, then I dont mind the whole social aspect of it.

But do whatever you want. It's purely your choice.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't believe I would have lost 58 pounds in 6 months without the social networking aspect of this site. The exercise & food diaries are great tools, but it is the interaction with others that drives this site.
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I was on another diet site where there were no "friends" and no message board. It sucked. I quit there after not losing anything. There was no support or interaction.

Now if I could only harvest my farmville from here....