Recommend work out dvds...

Options
Hi all, I'm new to this site and I would like to try a work out dvd, I have plenty of space but not a lot of equipment any recommendations?

Replies

• Dytari
    Dytari Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm new to this site and I would like to try a work out dvd, I have plenty of space but not a lot of equipment any recommendations?
  • TessaL221
    TessaL221 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I just started an aerobic dance DVD. It's the firm cardio dance slimdown and is less than 10.-- at walmart right now. They have a 10 min workout one too that comes with Toner bands, but I wasn't sure about it. I just did my first workout this morning on it and even though I couldn't do all the moves correctly, I sure as heck felt it. I have no rhythm, so it'll take me a while.
  • TessaL221
    TessaL221 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I just started an aerobic dance DVD. It's the firm cardio dance slimdown and is less than 10.-- at walmart right now. They have a 10 min workout one too that comes with Toner bands, but I wasn't sure about it. I just did my first workout this morning on it and even though I couldn't do all the moves correctly, I sure as heck felt it. I have no rhythm, so it'll take me a while.
  • rsalgado
    rsalgado Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 day shred is tough, but it works.
  • snowday
    snowday Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam is great!
  • justsalad
    justsalad Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    15 minute workouts for dummies
    it works for abs, thighs, arms, and butt
    but not so much on the cardio

carmen electras strip to fit, is veryyyyyy energetic, you gotta be able to move quick.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam!
  • mommyofbandb
    Options
    Leslie Sansone Walk at Home..Walk Slim, Fast and Firm 4 Really Big Miles. I've just been doing this workout for 1 week and I really like it. No complicated moves or anything. I think it's cool that you can walk 4 miles in your livingroom! Or you can just do one mile at a time if you want too. I got it at Walmart for only $11.
  • FatMami2FitMami
    Options
    I do the Tae Bo Cardio Workout everyday!! It's only 40 minutes and it's a CRAZY WORKOUT, you sweat in places you didn't think you would! lol, I am going to get Jillian's 30 day shred, I heard that will make you lose crazy weight!!!
  • csantos1182
    Options
    i am actually a fan of cardioke- it sounds silly but it is actually fun:laugh:
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Gilad - Cuts & Curves and Step Aerobics. Both are for beginners through advanced. Cuts & Curves uses resistance bands and hand held weights. I found these on his website: www.bodiesinmotionwithgilad.com
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    i have to second jillian michaels 30 day shred
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    3rd on 30 day shred

also-biggest loser cardio max I switch back and forth
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I have Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and Leslie Sansone walk the walk. I also have the Biggiest Loser Bootcamp which is good. But Jillian really kicks my butt and makes you feel like you did an awesome workout.
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone Walk at Home..Walk Slim, Fast and Firm 4 Really Big Miles. I've just been doing this workout for 1 week and I really like it. No complicated moves or anything. I think it's cool that you can walk 4 miles in your livingroom! Or you can just do one mile at a time if you want too. I got it at Walmart for only $11.

I second that, I have the 5 mile workout DVD of Leslie Sansone. You can walk 5 miles in your living room, with the couch, coffee table, christmas tree, 1000+ kids toys...its great. And its a 12 min mile pace, so you are hustling. According to Leslie's site, you burn 100-125 calories per mile, so a 3 mile workout is done in just over 30 min and gets a great cardio workout/calorie burn.
  • Go_Duke
    Go_Duke Posts: 66
    Options
    I would say any beachbody product but especially power 90 or power 90x

they have a new one out called 10 minute trainer which looks pretty good for folks who dont have allot of time
  • jill2264
    Options
    I third Jillian Micheals! I love Jackie Warner too! When I first started I noticed changes in my arms in only a week! Her video is split into 3 20 min sections like the Jillian Michaels, but each one focuses on a different body part (arms, legs, abs) and adds a little cardio in there too.
  • abillings9
    Options
    I am on the 30 Day Shred bandwagon as well. :) That and Zumba!
  • terraw
    terraw Posts: 40
    Options
    Well I guess like everyone else I want to do the Jillian Michaels one. But right now I am doing Tae Bo Amped.
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    I like the 10 minute solution tapes, they have kickboxing, cardio dance, sculpting, etc. Each dvd has 5 10min. workouts you can do all or pick and choose as time allows. If you have Netflix you can get them instantly on your computer.