views on teas?

Options
I have always been fond of teas and have some that curb my appetite, and others that satisfy my sweet tooth without the calories. When I lost weight before, I was drinking tea since I couldn't stand the taste of water, and couldn't get my daily amount down. Switching to tea seemed to boost my intake.

I don't usually add sugar. I like the flavor without sweeteners. ESPECIALLY mint! Yummy!

When I drink coffee, I tend to go for as sweet and creamed up as they can get, and the scale seems to double what I drank to add to my middle.

Any thoughts or helpful hints?

Replies

• Tiffanydepiano
    Tiffanydepiano Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    My doctor said to add tea as your daily water intake. There are no calories and it should not effect your weight loss.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I have always been fond of teas and have some that curb my appetite, and others that satisfy my sweet tooth without the calories. When I lost weight before, I was drinking tea since I couldn't stand the taste of water, and couldn't get my daily amount down. Switching to tea seemed to boost my intake.

I don't usually add sugar. I like the flavor without sweeteners. ESPECIALLY mint! Yummy!

When I drink coffee, I tend to go for as sweet and creamed up as they can get, and the scale seems to double what I drank to add to my middle.

Any thoughts or helpful hints?

If you are used to drinking tea you can add it to your water intake but don't add coffee... :)
    I am in love with tea! ^_^
  • healthy4self
    Options
    Try the original tea by Good Earth. It's the only way I can drink enough water. It's sooo delicious!
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I like tea without sugar also (I drink Harney and Sons - Cinnamon Spice flavor - SO GOOD!), but that's the only tea I drink.

Since tea is a natural diuretic, you need to drink even MORE water when you drink tea. An additional 8 oz of water over your daily recommended uptake for each cup of tea you drink.

I stay away from coffee myself, but that's just me.

I LOVE the taste of plain water - but some people swear by flavoring it with a little slice of lemon or something (bleck) but if that's your think maybe you should try it. :flowerforyou:
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    right now im in love with my Lemon Lavender Mint tea from Choice Organic Tea. its totally helping my sore throat and helping me relax and not feel so stressed about missing a workout tonight since im sick.
  • xoKarabearxo
    Options
    Harney and Sons Hot Cinnamon Spice tea=AMAZING! Also, I have 22 types of tea, from Teavana's exotic iced teas to Tazo and to The Republic of Tea, to plain mint tea. Hey, it helps with my liquid intake, and I don't use any sweeteners with them!
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I love tea but don't drink it enough! I actually do add one sugar in the raw (20cal) and splash of milk to black teas (chai, earl gray etc.) but only one sugar to green or herbal teas. They really do curb appetite I've noticed and taste really good. Want to start drinking more. Probably should cut the sugar but it makes a big difference for me, even though I've started drinking coffee with skim milk, no sugar/sweetener and I really like it.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Well I absolutely adore the taste of a good tea. . I like stash teas and tazo. . although I drink quite a variety. . . Tonight I had Stash decaf chai and Kava Stress relief. . .

Teas are fine as long as they are herbal and caffeine free. . . When you consume tea that contains caffeine then yes it is considered to be a diuretic . .So you want to limit those. . .

As for water. . . you get used to it. . I love it, but I know a number of people that drink the flavored non-carbonated water. . . or they

(as said above) a slice of lemon, or lime in there. . . Wish you luck.
  • Narisong
    Narisong Posts: 191
    Options
    Tea should be decaffinated or herbal as caffine will dehydrate. I don't like the taste of water but have no problem drinking it with some MIO added, Stawberry/Watermelon or Fruit Punch.
  • AnnaMaus
    AnnaMaus Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Teas are fantastic! Strong green tea at mid-morning, Earl Grey with a splash of almond milk in the afternoon, Genmaicha after dinner... I could go on forever. Sometimes after working out, I'm desperately thirsty and iced cinnamon tea with stevia is particularly refreshing.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Yes it can be counted as water with caffeine or without it based on a lot of stuff I read, but then again there are of course studies stating the opposite. Do some research make an informed decision based off what you find or better yet speak to your doctor.

Hers a link discussing what counts towards hydrating your body.

http://www.webmd.com/parenting/features/healthy-beverages
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting back to drinking tea, I really like Numi jasmine green tea. :)

Don't worry too much about that 8 cups of water thing, it was started as a way to sell bottled water. You do need to stay hydrated, but that doesn't mean you have to drink it all, you get water from food as well.
  • Khetu4
    Khetu4 Posts: 1
    Options
    Green tea is actually said to have weight loss properties! and not only does it not have calories, it has potassium and antioxidants! Potassium is essential for cellular repair (sore muscles anyone?) and we ALL know about antioxidants... :-)
  • happymommy40
    Options
    Try the original tea by Good Earth. It's the only way I can drink enough water. It's sooo delicious!
    Yes, yes, yes! I love the Good Earth teas. Sweet and spicy and no sweetener needed..
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Love English Breakfast tea. The stronger the better! If I have flavored, I tend to want to sweeten it, which kinda defeats the whole purpose, so I stay away. Can't stand green tea. Blech. When I was on blood thinners, doc told me to stay away from it anyway, which was fine with me!
    I have been squeezing lime in my water. Nice change. Some peeps add a slice of cucumber or even watermelon.
  • 16mixingbowls
    16mixingbowls Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I second the Good Earth Original tea. I LOVE it!!!!! I add a splash of coconut milk, and it already tastes like it has sugar in it. I, too, drink tea a lot to stave my hunger. Good thing it's herbal. My coffee habit is sugar/cream filled too. I'm trying to quit that. (This week in fact!)
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Green tea is actually said to have weight loss properties! and not only does it not have calories, it has potassium and antioxidants! Potassium is essential for cellular repair (sore muscles anyone?) and we ALL know about antioxidants... :-)

"Cellular repair"??? Will it repair my phone?? Ha ha ha Sorry...! :laugh:
  • VemmaMom
    VemmaMom Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Wow lots of tea advice!!! I love it. I do like tea but dont love tea and really want too! I am a coffee drinker and I do drink alot. If Icould give it up with out headache and switch to green tea or something that d be awesome!!!! Bring it on!!! Would love some more tea advice and ways to drop coffee. You can message or friend me or just on here too but I know if you message me I ll see and get and have for while to look at...thank you to whomever takes me up on this LOL xoxo
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    This is great! I just posted a thread about my addiction to tea. I love tea with a passion... Haha I love just plain herbal green tea, but I do love jasmine flavors, and other flavors and it's so good with lemon :)
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I love the Celestial Seasonings Fruit Teas with a couple of drops of Stevia. They will definitely cover a sweet tooth moment.