It is possible to eat to FEW calories??

Options
I have been on the program for almost 2 weeks, and have not seen any weight loss. The recommended caloric intake per day is 1200 excluding work out calories. I usually eat between 1000-1300 . I work out five times a week for 60 minutes per session. I have lost 2 inches on my waist and 1 inch on my bust, but absolutely no weight loss?

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Replies

• shelleycronan
    Options
    I have been on the program for almost 2 weeks, and have not seen any weight loss. The recommended caloric intake per day is 1200 excluding work out calories. I usually eat between 1000-1300 . I work out five times a week for 60 minutes per session. I have lost 2 inches on my waist and 1 inch on my bust, but absolutely no weight loss?

Does anyone have any recommendations?
  • labpomer
    Options
    Dont be too concerned with the scale. Muscle weighs more than fat. Muscle is good because it will allow you to burn more calories. If you losing in areas on your body like you said..,than you are making good progress. Firming up is very desirable result:-) Keep up the good work.
  • jazpiri
    jazpiri Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    First of all, you can eat too few calories and your body goes into starvation mode, You should always eat at least 1200. With the amount of exercise you are describing you probably want to be closer to 1500 a day. Second, check your net calories. Go for the goal it has set out for you. And last, if you are losing inches and not weight that means you have lost fat and gained muscle. Muscle mass is more dense than fat so it takes up less space for the same amount of weight. So, that's great! That means you have gained some important lean muscle mass. To try and lose some pounds, add intervals into your workout, try a different machine at the gym, take a class, do something different. When you do the same exercise over and over again your body learns what to expect and thus does not change.
    Hope that helps.
    Good luck.
  • shelleycronan
    Options
    Great thanks alot!
  • Destined
    Destined Posts: 116
    Options
    That makes perfect sense about your body getting too used and knowing what to expect and thus not losing weight. Once in a while it needs to be schocked a little so that we keep surprising it.
  • TheBull50
    TheBull50 Posts: 220
    Options
    It is very possible to eat "Too Few " calories in a day. It is all about you though and how you feel. DONT be attached to the scale is the biggest thing ever. Just eat how you want to eat and if you feel good, then great. If you energy feels low, eat some more. Yea everything says you need 1200 calories but if you have like 1000 , you will be great. I average 1000 a day with Tae Kwon DO and Running .... and have lost 69 pounds. I have come to this conclusion: It is whatever works for YOU.