Ladies, birth control and pmdd?

Options
redraidergirl2009
redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
I have been on two different bc pills. I am on the brand I was on first because the brand I switched to made my blood pressure go through the roof and despite exercise and diet changes it wouldn't go down until I switched.

I think I may also have pmdd. My sister has it too. I am going to talk to my doctor about getting on yaz, or beyaz I think it's called. Have any of you taken it and seen improvement in pmdd symptoms?

Replies

• PBJunkie
    PBJunkie Posts: 652
    Options
    I know this thread is not aimed at me, but how do you find losing weight while being on birth control pills? I head a lot of woman find it hell as the pill causes hormonal imbalances that makes it nearly impossible to lose weight.
  • AliDarling
    Options
    I've only been on two types, the depo shot and i am now on murenia* (sp) I LOVED the depo. didnt have a period for 2 years. even lost some weight. the one im on now really sucked at first, espically the implanting process, (espically if you have a guy) With the depo, you just got a shot in the @$$ every three months. alternating cheeks. the murenia they take a gause pad, soak it in iodine, shove it in you to "sanitize" and place the IUD inside the uterus. if you dont know iodine BURNS LIKE HELL!!!!!

but, its been there for a year, and it's great. lighter less frequent periods, and bc for 5 years is a pretty good deal for the initial bad begining

i havent heard anything good about yaz. i think they pulled it a few years ago in connection with cervix cancer.

I hope some of this was informational. good luck with your search
  • tina2222
    Options
    Hi, i was on levlin ED for four years and i lost weight on it!. For some reason it suppressed my appetite and i went down and stayed at 58kg. Then i ended up getting pregnant on it and went off while i had a baby and couldnt go back on becasue of concerns with using it while breastfeeding, so now i am on the jadelle implant, so far has not affected me in any way!
  • redraidergirl2009
    Options
    I know this thread is not aimed at me, but how do you find losing weight while being on birth control pills? I head a lot of woman find it hell as the pill causes hormonal imbalances that makes it nearly impossible to lose weight.

It maay vary with the brands or types or hormones. I couldnt lose more than a couple pounds on lo-orestral. I switched back to cyclessa and I have been able to lose weight trying tue same way I did on the lo-orestral. I gained 15 pounds on tue lo-orestral in 6 montesquieu
  • redraidergirl2009
    Options
    Hi, i was on levlin ED for four years and i lost weight on it!. For some reason it suppressed my appetite and i went down and stayed at 58kg. Then i ended up getting pregnant on it and went off while i had a baby and couldnt go back on becasue of concerns with using it while breastfeeding, so now i am on the jadelle implant, so far has not affected me in any way!

Thata scary getting pregnant on the pill. I always take mine like clo kwork by I have heard of girls doing the same and still getting pregnant