Need help with week 2

Options
Hi, Ive been on here before, but I am starting back up after the holidays. First week went great, I wanted to boost myself to start, I started with 1200 cals and I burned 300 cals a day on my treadmill and aimed for losing 1.8 lbs per week according to MFP. I lost 4 lbs to start last week.

So I wanted to do one more week of another boost and keep it the same for at least one more week. Ive had two nights in a row where I gave in and snacked...just got too hungry. Peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat and last night I was really bad and gave into the girl scout cookies.

So I wieghed myself this morning for a reality check, and boy was it. Back up to where I started? Come on! I have been working so hard! I have salad, good protien, yummy wraps, I mean I know how to eat healthy. Does two nights of bad choices bring it all back?

So need some suggestions. Should I move my cal intake up so I don't get so hungry? I really and truly should eat my 300 exercise calories?

Replies

• caseynjason
    caseynjason Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi, Ive been on here before, but I am starting back up after the holidays. First week went great, I wanted to boost myself to start, I started with 1200 cals and I burned 300 cals a day on my treadmill and aimed for losing 1.8 lbs per week according to MFP. I lost 4 lbs to start last week.

So I wanted to do one more week of another boost and keep it the same for at least one more week. Ive had two nights in a row where I gave in and snacked...just got too hungry. Peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat and last night I was really bad and gave into the girl scout cookies.

So I wieghed myself this morning for a reality check, and boy was it. Back up to where I started? Come on! I have been working so hard! I have salad, good protien, yummy wraps, I mean I know how to eat healthy. Does two nights of bad choices bring it all back?

So need some suggestions. Should I move my cal intake up so I don't get so hungry? I really and truly should eat my 300 exercise calories?
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    You should eat your exercise cals. But if you only lost 4 lbs, and then only gained those 4 back, consider yourself blessed! 1200 cals is not enough calories to live on, if you're upright and walking around, PLUS if you're not eating back your exercise cals? you will not lose that way. Minimum cals for someone like me is 1500 per day, plus whatever exercise cals I'm eating back. 1200 is just for laying there in a coma, keeping your heart beating, brain waves waving, and your lungs drawing air.

I'm thinking water weight. Three reasons will lead to weight fluctuation, which this sounds like; time of month, Too much sodium, and Too much sodium/not enough water. I weight 151 lbs at 6am, and 155 at 7pm. Don't freak. Assess and recommit. You're fine.
  • caseynjason
    caseynjason Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have been eating my exercise calories...just thinking that if I upped my cals to 1500 or so, then added in 300 more seems like a lot.
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    For me, personally, I wasn't losing weight eating my exercise calories. But then I was starving at 1200 calories. So I went by my BMR (under tools) and that is what I have been eating over the past week, spacing it out in 3 hour intervals, and then exercising. I'm finding that those 200 extra calories make all the difference in the world and I'm not really hungry. Also, I have a cut off of 7-8 p.m. for my eating mostly because I'm a late night snacker. So far so good. You have to kind of play with it to find out what works for you. Everything on here is a suggestion, not a law. But if you're hungry, then you're body obviously isn't getting enough. Or maybe you're burning more calories than you think. Keep up the good work!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    1200 really isn't enough for most. Try eating more fresh fruits and veggies and increase your water. I've found that I can eat a half cup of baby carrots and it's very small amount of calories but it fills the gap!
  • mbmischler
    Options
    First Congratulations on actually doing this. Next, it's probably not a good idea to weigh your self more than once or twice a week. Especially after a slip up. With that in mind you said your goal was 1.8 lbs per week. That's what you need to focus on....1.8 lbs. If you lose 4 lbs in a week say to yourself, "Great! I made my 1.8 lb goal." When we start to focus on those large losses we actually get discouraged when we see 1.8 lbs, which is what our goal was to begin with. So, take it a day at a time, eat your exercise calories, and over time you'll reach your goal. You will slip up at times, it's normal, that's okay. Don't let it defeat you. Just start again. Good luck on your 1.8 lbs.