Major embarrassment - "support" needed!

Options
Horrifying afternoon at work today! This morning I put a maxi dress on for work and trotted off to the office. This afternoon I had a meeting in the Financial Centre main building and rushed to meet with my contact. As I was walking along I realised my knickers were slowly moving down and down and panic struck! I thought If I can make it to the loo I'll sort it out somehow.....just as my very important contact shouted to me. I then got rushed into the meeting room and had to sit in the chair with my knickers now half way down my thighs, all the time not concentrating on what was happening. By the time I left I was walking with my knees together so as not to let my undies fall to the floor in front of everyone! When I almost reached the door someone asked me, very loudly if I was okay. Everyone looked at me and I went ridiculously purple and it took me what felt like 10 minutes to say........................."I'm fine thanks!"

"I'm fine thanks!" WTF??? Why on earth didn't I say, I'd hurt my back, or my leg or at least something. I dread to think what they'll be thinking was wrong with me! I think it's going to take me months to get over this...................................

My husband has been laughing his butt off for about an hour straight. Every time I think he's over it he bangs the desk and starts howling again.

As utterly humiliated as I am, I also realise that I'm obviously getting a LOT smaller!! :)

Replies

• Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Now there's an NSV for ya! :D
  • EmmaRankmore
    Options
    Being smaller is awesome! If being a little embarrassed is all it takes, I'd say thats a win! :D
  • missfluffyuk
    Options
    Good job on getting much smaller!

And tell your husband to shut up -- he's had his laugh, now he can shush. I'm sure you're embarrassed at the moment, but it'll pass. Just concentrate on how good it feels to know that you're getting a lot smaller!!
  • shadowfx
    Options
    OMG. What the heck do you say to that??? I would have been mortified. Good on you for holding it together, that's a once in a lifetime experience. LMAO thanks for sharing xx
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Awww! LOL that is a funny one! Too bad you couldn't just slip off your underwear in front of everybody, then say "I'm fine thanks!"

:D
  • SlimSadieG
    SlimSadieG Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Best NSV, EVER!!
  • AH2013
    AH2013 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    It's cool, I've got a thick skin!!

My hubby has just told me to go shopping this evening for some new underwear, whatever I want. Bonus!! But this was after telling someone that I was sitting at my desk commando! Don't worry he'll wait!! :laugh: