introduction

Options
Good Morning everyone, I am not new to MFP, but I just decided to put something about myself...I have been on and off diets so long, I feel like it's a job....I've tried every diet known to man or woman...I am deciding to really do it this time..I just need some support and motivation..I pray that all of us reach the goals that we have determined to win....

Replies

• ayserusso
    Options
    Today is day 3 for me on MFP and I am down 5lbs ;) I am so excited!! I have struggled with weight my whole life and I am ready to put an end to that! I am a mother to 5 wonderful, crazy, kids and I'm tired of weight coming between me and my family! I'm looking for all of the support that I can get. Good Luck to all of us
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    good luck to you this time. if you want to have better success this time around....assuming you measure success by being able to commit to a lifestyle change instead of a short term diet....I think it would help you to answer these questions in writing, either publicly or privately....

1. what were the physical and mental reasons that you have failed in the past?

2. what can/will you do this time to overcome those stumbling blocks?

3. what do you hate about being overweight? be brutally honest.

4. what do you love about being overweight? (ideas...item 1...it allows you to be lazy and eat whatever you want....item 2...blubber is sexy).

if committing to a healthy lifestyle was easy, more people would be fit. its not easy, but there are reasons its not easy. its helpful to understand the stumbling blocks you have run into in the past if you hope to tackle those challenges this time. it will be helpful to write down your answers in a place where you can access them when your will power wanes (as it does for most folks)...and you will need something to jump start your will power. this information will help big time (but its easier to write this down now when you're committed to a lifestyle change, then later when your will power is shaky).
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone, I am not new to MFP, but I just decided to put something about myself...I have been on and off diets so long, I feel like it's a job....I've tried every diet known to man or woman...I am deciding to really do it this time..I just need some support and motivation..I pray that all of us reach the goals that we have determined to win....

Glad to meet you. I wish you all the best