New moms out there...join us!

Options
Okay, so I am a new mom with baby weight to lose. I am looking for fellow moms to help with support and motivation – women who understand the unique challenges faced by moms.

That said, I find that having too many “friends” means that it is hard to stay connected with the friends I currently have.

My solution? I’d like to start an informal group – The POST PARTUM PACK. It is an open group (and always will be!). We don’t all have to “friend” each other. You don’t have to participate in every challenge (though you are welcome to start one at any time). You won’t earn any points – but hopefully you will gain a sense of kinship with many women who are facing the same feat of improving their lifestyle while balancing the challenges of motherhood.

iFYOU ARE INTERESTED IN JOINING, HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:

- Add “The POST-PARTUM PACK – It took us 9 months to pack on the pounds…Watch us take them off!” to your signature, so that we can recognize fellow PPP members.

- If you start a topic on the discussion boards intended for members of the “PACK”, please put “The POST-PARTUM PACK (Open Group)” in your title so that we will recognize it.

- Have fun! The idea is not to add stress to your already busy life, or that you participate in every challenge or poll. It is just another way to connect with other moms, without ending up with hundreds of friends…

- Although this group was originally envisioned for mothers of children 3 and under, all moms are welcome to join!

October 2 - PPP Challenge number one – This one is easy…just add “The POST-PARTUM PACK – It took us 9 months to pack on the pounds…Watch us take them off!” to your signature and respond to this post. Let’s see how many moms we can get to join in one week! I’ll post the results on October 10!

Replies

• Courtney_0_0
    Options
    Totally in! Mom of 16-mo-old here, life finally settling enough to focus on my weight, you know, in addition to the million other things mom have to focus on!!! Count on me for accountability and support!
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! You know I'm in. :)
  • kfitz10103
    Options
    Me too. I have a 25 mo old and a 13 mo old.
  • NiennaMarie
    Options
    I'm in :) I have 2 kids, 2 and half year old and 5 month old.
  • carolina_r
    carolina_r Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Keep 'em coming!
  • katgriff
    katgriff Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Hi all!
  • carolina_r
    Options
    Welcome! Any other new moms?:happy:
  • SaishaLea
    SaishaLea Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Great Idea! I have a 18 month old and a 3 month old. I am ready to lose this weight!
  • Angie789
    Angie789 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    This sounds great! I have a 2 1/2 year old & a 5 month old - and unfortunately I didn't lose all the baby weight from #1 before #2 came along, so I have a lot of work to do! It will be great to hear from women on the same journey as me!
  • Caro239
    Caro239 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi, my daughter is 20 months, I am almost back to the weight I was when I got pregnant, I did put on 4 stone...whoops! I would like to loose over a stone more though.
  • carolina_r
    Options
    Welcome, ladies!
  • NthnButMoonshine
    NthnButMoonshine Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Count me in too! I have a 3 and half year old and a 17 week old. I didnt lose a bit, in fact I gained after my first pregnancy (thank you post partum depression). Thankfully Ive lost every pound plus 21 lbs since my second pregnancy thus far. Still another 37 lbs or so to go.
  • Laurla11
    Options
    I had my daughter in July and can't wait to get back into shape!! i'm definitely in.
  • Dianababii
    Options
    Count me in! I have a 4 year old and a 6 month old. Getting back in shape and so far so good!
  • KayleesTryin
    KayleesTryin Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I will be watching this group and joining soon! My LO is due late January 2012, and I was already heavy before I got pregnant! I am really trying to be careful with my eating habits and have only gained 10 pounds so far, but a lot can change in the next 18 weeks lol... Good luck to everyone!
  • ADolphinM
    Options
    I'm in. I have a 16 month old & although I lost all the weight & more before I came back to work in January I've put it on again. With a mmc in July I put on even more weight & now struggling to lose it again.
  • carolina_r
    Options
    The "pack" is growing! Let's see if there are any other new moms who would like to join!
  • carolina_r
    Options
    A new day...any new moms?
  • DeannaJoKilla
    DeannaJoKilla Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I would like to join! I'm new to all of this (even though I made my account a while back).
    I'll add stuff to my sig if I can figure out how :-P
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Looks like you figured it out, Deanna! Welcome!