Any good recipes for high protein/low cal snacks?

Options
I need some recipes for snacks - high in protein/low (150 or less) calories. Also - need motivational support to get exercizing! Will give support back! :happy:

Replies

• poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    How high in protein do you want to go? Protein comes with a higher amount of calores typically so the higher you go, the higher the calorie count. For instance, I eat about 150g of protein a day. 32g in a piece of chicken breast and that's about 150 calories which to me, isn't too bad.
  • ❤B☩❤
    Options
    bump
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    bump
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Hard-boiled egg, canned tuna, slices of lean turkey meat.
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I don't pay any attention to calories, but mine are all high-protein low-carb.

My go-to snack is hard-boiled eggs: boil eggs in water 10 minutes. Chill in freezer 5 minutes. Drain, peel, eat. Easy to carry with you, 6g protein.

I make spinach quiche and low-carb meatloaf in muffin tins, so I have little portion sizes to freeze & use throughout the week.

Mini-quiche: Makes 6.
    6 large eggs; Pepper (to taste; optional); Salsa (try to find one with no sugar or corn syrup)
    Frozen leafy greens or frozen spinach (1 use a 10-oz box); Parmesan cheese (or shredded cheese of your choice)
    Preheat oven to 350. Grease muffin pan. Blend the eggs, pepper and any other spices you'd like.
    Drop about a tablespoon of frozen leafy greens and a half tablespoon of salsa into each cup. Fill with the egg mixture then top with a sprinkle of Parmesan.
    Bake at 350 about 35-40 minutes. Let them cool for about 15 minutes and they pop right out.
    Cal: 99 carbs: 3g fat: 6g protein: 9g sugar: 1g sodium: 206 mg

Meatloaf: Makes 12
    2 lbs ground meat, 2 large eggs, ¼ cup flax seeds (4 Tbsp) (optional for texture)
    1 large bell pepper, diced
    1 large zucchini, grated on cheese grater (it will turn into mush, don't worry, that’s what you want)
    1 pkg meatloaf seasoning (find one with NO sugar, corn syrup or cornstarch)
    OR use black pepper, horseradish mustard & garlic to taste
    Combine all ingredients, reserving one tablespoon of the meatloaf seasoning.
    It’s easiest just to knead it all together like bread dough. Messy but effective.
    Press into greased muffin pans. Sprinkle remaining seasoning on top.
    Bake at 400 for 1 hour.
    Calories 190 Carbs 2 Fat 9 Protein 13 Sugar 0 Sodium 61

Good luck!
  • surmont2006
    Options
    Bump! mmmmmMeatloaf!
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs
    Egg whites
    Beef Jerky
    Chicken breast with a dab of salsa on top
    Turkey sausage or Turkey Bacon
    Tofu
    Shirataki Noodles (also sold under the "Nooodles" brand) (Japanese yam and/or tofu based noodles)
    Greek Yogurt - Chobani yogurt has 10g protein in a tiny little cup.
    Low-fat Cottage Cheese
  • caligirl2802
    caligirl2802 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I have a great tasting, super easy, crustless quiche recipe that isn't too high in cals either if you use veggies (about 200-250 per serving)

1 tub of fat free/low fat cottage cheese
    4 eggs
    assorted veggies (whatever is in season or you like)

Grease a quiche dish, chop veggies and put in bottom of dish. Mix eggs and cottage cheese in bowl and pour over top of veggies. sliced tomatoe on the top, and a little grated cheddar if you like. Bake in the oven on 180 for about 40 mins. Typically this makes enough for 4 servings if you have it with some salad or something.
  • lolainlondon
    lolainlondon Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Shrimp
    Calamari
  • stefnicole
    Options
    Yummy looking meatloaf!