Longings

Options
Just my own personal food for thought....
All my life I have been searching for what I “really want”. I tried sports, different jobs, friends, I even tried therapy. None of these ever worked. Once I had what I thought I wanted, I didn't want it anymore. The urge to want -- to long for the best things -- was an inner, unsatisfied hunger. Excessive food became my sedating drug. When using food, I was numb to my longings. I felt it was impossible to fill this void. It seemed I would never know or receive what I wanted.

My recovery has taught me that I could have anything I wanted -- if God gave it to me. When I stopped wanting everything so badly, and I surrendered to be His child and employee, I learned that what I'd thought of as “wanting”, was actually what I was “missing”. I missed everything important in my life, so I wanted everything. It was never enough ~ never the right thing.

With God's help, I now have those things in my life every day when I ask for it and accept it as part of me today. I no longer want so much, and I am thankful for what I receive. I am receiving more than I have ever dreamed of. I am doing this one day at a time.

Replies

• rhonda999
    rhonda999 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Great motivation this Monday morning!! :)
  • gklangdon
    gklangdon Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thanks for a great Monday morning motivator. :smile:
  • leighlay7
    leighlay7 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So encouraging to hear! I'll be praying for you as you continue on this journey!