Gingerbread Latte

Options
Sallycinnimon
Sallycinnimon Posts: 102 Member
Does anyone have a good recipe for Gingerbread Lattes? I LOVE them, but the store-bought creamer has a lot of sugar and is made with hydroginated oils.

Replies

• asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Use gingerbread spices in a regular latte (skim milk and coffee)?
  • awkwwward
    Options
    I say suck it up and deal :p. At least that's what I do. The "peak" season for GBL's only is less than two months of the year. Caloric planning does it for me. Well, that and planning runs and walks long distance to Starbucks lol.
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    If you are in the US and have a Trader Joe near you (are they anywhere outside the US too?) they have the most delicious gingerbread coffee... though I don't believe it is out yet, and is only available for a limited time.

Where as most flavored coffees are nothing more than a flavor coating on the bean, thus (to me) simply aromatic and not very flavorful, this coffee is ground coffee with ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves... I forget what else. It is coffee with actual flavor!

Then you can make your own latte with it, milk, sugar, what have you. I like it black as black can be, but I guess then it isn't a gingerbread latte, it is just gingerbread coffee.

Sorry for the long post, I so love that stuff and had to have a love rant. :P
  • Sallycinnimon
    Options
    Haha! That's fine. I bet a latte would be 10x better if the coffee was already flavored! I found a version where you make a gingerbread syrup, but it still has a lot of sugar.

I wish we had a Trader Joes. There's not one to be found in this part of NC, unfortunately.
  • Sallycinnimon
    Options
    Haha! That's fine. I bet a latte would be 10x better if the coffee was already flavored! I found a version where you make a gingerbread syrup, but it still has a lot of sugar.

I wish we had a Trader Joes. There's not one to be found in this part of NC, unfortunately.
  • crozierb
    crozierb Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I bought sugar free gingerbread flavored syrup last year, and it's not bad!! I forget what brand it is, but I got it at TJ Maxx. I'm sure it's sold elsewhere too though.
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    You can buy sugar free gingerbread latte syrup online from both davinci and torani I believe. I have a bottle and its yummy!

I make a protein gingerbread latte by heating 1.5 cups of unsweetened almond milk, 2 tbsp of sf gingerbread syrup, 1/4 tsp ginger, 1/4 tsp cloves and 1/2 tsp cinnamon over med heat until steaming. While heating the milk take a 1/4 cup of slightly cooled strong coffee or espresso and mix with a scoop of vanilla protein powder until smooth. Add to hot milk mixture with a tsp of vanilla. Pour in blender, stand back (just in case!) and blend for 15 seconds.

This is what keeps me from Starbucks or Caribou Coffee!