the best way to loose weight... whats your opinion??!!

Hi i am new to this and wonders how most people like to loose their weight i am willing to do anything... And would love to here your ideas and methods of loosing weight i am 10 stone 5 and want to loose 3stone... HELP!

Replies

• Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286
    Welcome!

I found just watching what I eat and log EVERYTHING with exercising at least once a week (I do an hour badminton every week minimum). So far I have lost 1-2lb a week, apart from last week where i gained 1lb but hadn't exercised.

Slowly but surely is definitely the way to go as it's easier to sustain

Good luck!
  • mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    1 - Eat a healthy amount of good, well balanced calories.
    2 - Exercise to covert fat to muscle.
    3 - Releat every day for the rest of your long and happy life.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Eating as clean as possible ( limit your processed foods). Lots of fresh veggies, some fruit, lean protein. Try and get soem exercise 3-4 times a week. Walking is a great start! You can do this!!!!
  • chocoholicandbaby
    chocoholicandbaby Posts: 75 Member
    The best way is not to put yourself on a 'diet'. Make changes to your lifestyle that will last forever.
    Eat fresh, unprocessed foods, drink water and exercise. Focus on making yourself healthy not 'skinny.'
    Other little things that help are planning meals in advance, freezing a few healthy soups or casseroles to have when you are short on time and I've really found getting involved in the forums and having supportive and encouraging friends on here helps!
    Good luck! Feel free to add me as a friend if you like :-)
  • well i am not from the UK but if stone means that your stone = lbs why dont you try eating a little less while maintaining a high activity level if your used ot it. I think many times as an american we eat too much during the peakhours and still crave food in our sleep the key for me to lose all my weight was to become a pescatarian and well i dropped the weight and inches like crazy my stomach is flattening out and though i got a tiny buldge i can finally do exprt yoga positions including being inverted and holding myself up by only my shoulders.. I dont know what else to say other than diet and exercise but make sure that positive thinking goes along with this

Hope this helps
  • spinedocmfp
    spinedocmfp Posts: 109 Member
    You can't out exercise a bad diet. Get your food in order, and find something active you like. But food is #1 and #2 and #3.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Stay committed to your weight loss and lifestyle change. If you can keep the committment, you can do the rest!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    well i am not from the UK but if stone means that your stone = lbs why dont you try eating a little less while maintaining a high activity level if your used ot it. I think many times as an american we eat too much during the peakhours and still crave food in our sleep the key for me to lose all my weight was to become a pescatarian and well i dropped the weight and inches like crazy my stomach is flattening out and though i got a tiny buldge i can finally do exprt yoga positions including being inverted and holding myself up by only my shoulders.. I dont know what else to say other than diet and exercise but make sure that positive thinking goes along with this

Hope this helps

A stone is quite a bit more than a pound.
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    aqua_zumba_fan Posts: 383 Member
    I'm the same weight as you and I think 3 stone is way too much to be losing? To be a healthy weight (according to BMI which isnn't that reliable but still) I need to lose about another stone and I'm only 5 foot 2. I'd have thought 3 would take you into underweight? Just concerned you might go too far!
    I've found just logging calories and exercising helps - logging foods in advance keeps me on track. Also eat back your exercise calories so you're not undereating.
    Don't feel pressured to look like some ideal either imo.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    You will have to experiment, maybe you don't have to exercise, maybe twice a week will be enough, maybe you will become a weight lifter or marathon runner!

Experiment with your food. Maybe you can have breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and supper like a pauper. I'm the complete opposite. Maybe you will want to go low carb high protein. Experiment with calorie counts. If you can't lose on 1200 a day, try 1370 or 1670.

Hang around MFP and you will learn A LOT! I sure have and it's all good!

Everyone is different :drinker:
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    1 - Eat a healthy amount of good, well balanced calories.
    2 - Exercise to covert fat to muscle.
    3 - Releat every day for the rest of your long and happy life.

I was about to agree with this, but then I read #2. You can't "convert fat into muscle". You can burn fat and you can build muscle but they are two separate processes. The body only uses proteins to build muscle and uses fats only for heart function and energy.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    I started in January this year too loose weight, i started at 16 stone 6 soo i know i had to do something about my weight super quick! I started off with Slimfast for 10 weeks - lost 1 stone 6lbs. I then came off slimfast and just made my own diet of eating healthy, 30 mins or more of excercise a day which includes cardio workouts and strength workouts.. I drink 8 glasses + of water each day, and thats all ive done really to help me loose a total of 40lbs in 10 months. I have been a 2 plateaus tho throughout the 10 months, but im back on track now and going to say a big goodbye to the other 50lbs i need to loose! :)

good luck, if you put your mind to it, you can do it!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Eat less, move more.
  • jpowers416
    jpowers416 Posts: 57 Member
    Start slow! If you try to change everything all at once, chances are it isn't going to last. Start small, like trying to eliminate soda from your diet, then no fast food. If you make little changes, it wont feel like you are "dieting". No, the weight isn't going to magically dissappear over night with small changes, but it will more likely STAY off.

I also started walking around my (very hilly) neighborhood. It's all about baby steps!!