Operation: Sexy Claus Week # 3 10.3.11

Options

Replies

• leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ladies! Hope everyone is doing well! So today I want to talk about struggles...where is the one area you struggle in most when it comes to your weight loss journey?

This question is meant to be answered and then I would love for other people who may be strong in areas where others are struggling to give suggestions and feedback.

My biggest struggle is staying consistent on the weekends. I try my BEST to get up on Sat to get a run in but, if I don't do that I don't do any workout on the weekend. I keep pushing it back later, later then becomes never.
    This Challenge here keeps me accountable, I know weigh in is on Mondays so I will rest on Sat and get a run in on Sunday, I will also eat as if it were a week day!!!
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    So now that I've finally goteen in an exercise grove.....I am sick with a sinus infection :ohwell:
    I feel like I cant catch a break you know
  • brooke0206
    brooke0206 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone! I have to say im a slacker this week with keeping up with the questions. We moved this last weekend and im still unpacking! Anyway i will answer the questions now!

The area of my body I would like to change would have to be my mid section... I want a flatter toned tummy without the love handles!! I just hope that my tummy tightens up as the weight continues to go. All I ask for is that the skin hasnt lost its elasticity (im only 27 so it shouldnt be toooo bad!) so that the skin wont be all flabby when the fat is gone!!

My friends are supportive/encouraging. Tough part for me is that I dont see any of them because they all live in MI and im in SC... So I get support thru facebook as well as all my MFP friends of course!!

The hardest part of this weight loss journey is the foods... My fiance has talked about wanting to eat healthier BUT he is a southern boy who LOVES his greasy fried southern style home cooking. Fortunately for him he doesnt gain the weight because he has very high metabolism and also works a very tough job so he is busting his butt every day. This means that when we go grocery shopping he is buying not soo healthy foods for himself and im trying to buy the good stuff for me. Makes it hard to fight the temptation every day when the junk is in the house. I do pretty well most days BUT the temptation is always there...
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    Good Morning ladies! Hope everyone is doing well! So today I want to talk about struggles...where is the one area you struggle in most when it comes to your weight loss journey?

This question is meant to be answered and then I would love for other people who may be strong in areas where others are struggling to give suggestions and feedback.

missed this one yesterday

I would have to say the area I struggle with the most is on the weekends. There always seems to be some sort of party or get together where I end up eatting WAY to much food and end up drinking. I don't know what to do to fix this problem. I know I shouldnt eat/drink it at the time but I end up doing it anyway.
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I was hoping to get some feedback. I was thinking back on my last year with MFP and I started her in December at 162lbs and now I am at 157lbs. I keep going down to like 152lbs and then pop back up no matter what I do. Can a plateau last this long? I have tried different workout videos, different calorie settings, zigzagging, etc. So I used the report function and noticed that back in April when I was zigzagging my calories and doing P90X (which I am doing now - week 7) I dropped down to 150. Do you guys think I should try this again?
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    To answer my own question from yesterday...I struggle the most with the weekends. It is the time where I am out and about more often and it is harder to make those healthier choices or get a good workout in. I am slowly learning to be more forgiving to myself, but also looking at the weekend as a time to really kick butt before a weigh-in.
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Good Afternoon ladies....hope all is well and everyone is kickin butt!

Todays Question: Looking back on your journey and even now, what have you sacrificed to live a healthier lifestyle and to lose weight or get fit?
  • whitneysaenz
    whitneysaenz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I definitely sacrificed a lot of going out with friends. It lead to too much drinking and then the eating followed. Lunch is doable, but dinner plans don't happen nearly as often!
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options

Todays Question: Looking back on your journey and even now, what have you sacrificed to live a healthier lifestyle and to lose weight or get fit?

i've definitely sacrificed time with my friends. usually i'd go out multiple times during the week and every day on the weekends with them, and now i find when i work out during the week, i don't really have the time to hang out with them afterwards. some sacrifices are worth it though! i still try to make it out to hang with them once during the week and on the weekends, so i'm still happy. :)
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    I was hoping to get some feedback. I was thinking back on my last year with MFP and I started her in December at 162lbs and now I am at 157lbs. I keep going down to like 152lbs and then pop back up no matter what I do. Can a plateau last this long? I have tried different workout videos, different calorie settings, zigzagging, etc. So I used the report function and noticed that back in April when I was zigzagging my calories and doing P90X (which I am doing now - week 7) I dropped down to 150. Do you guys think I should try this again?

i would try that or possibly try upping your calories. maybe you're not eating enough? do you eat back your exercise calories? either that or it could be opposite, you could be underestimating what you're eating and actually be eating too much. just a few ideas!
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options

I dont think I really sacrificed anything because its better for me in the long run to be healthier. I wish I could really get my crap together and be able to control myself on the weekends.
  • punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Sorry I missed out yesterday ladies! I was at a professional training and then was at the gym!!!

I struggle with a couple of things
    1/ Weekends - I have sunday night dinner with my boyfriends family and I am ALWAYS over for sure. It's become my "cheat" day simply because I have no idea what I am eating. On top of that I drink usually a few glasses of wine (the never ending glass!)
    2/ Motivation - I am totally into getting healthy, but in the back of my mind is the motivation to just be thin. Which yes I know is wrong, but that also leads to sabatage when I am not meeting expectation.
    YERG!!

I have given up TV!!! And I am sad about it! LOL
    I had to give up booze. Had to, I was consuming 1500-3000 calories every night out.
    I also had to give up a few "trigger" foods, some of which I still crave....

Interestingly, now that I am getting healthy again, I am CONSTANTLY craving cigs. When i quit, I got a lot less healthy. So funny enough, what do I want now that I am getting better - the WORST thing I could POSSIBLY crave... GRRR
  • leeslim4life
    Options

My Sims!!! I'm a huge Sims gamer for the PC and I can play it all day, building/decorating houses, creating families, writing stories, entering fashion contest....I miss it all but, know that the healthier lifestyle is the one I need for my family and I!!!
  • leeslim4life
    Options

Yes, I think you should try it out. Your body needs a shock and though you are doing P90X, if you're doing the Classic version of it you will most likely retain water weight from the swelling of your muscles. Not to discourage you from lifting b/c lifting is great for us. Just note that you may lose inches oppose to dropping on the scale.
    I hope this helps!!!
  • divadoll41
    Options
    I struggle with being consistency with my eating sometimes. Especially sweets; but one thing I have learned with this if I dont eat them I dont crave them; but once I start eating them it;s like sometimes supresses me to want them everyday.
  • jamerican23
    jamerican23 Posts: 175 Member
    Options

Socializing with the people at work it's always someone birthday , anniversary or something like that to go out to celebrate with lunch or happy hour starting on wednesdays thru Friday now i told them i have to take my walks for lunch or use my parttime job as an excuse which most time i works only the weekend ......I have miss so much barbecue this summer i love the drinks especially the sweet one and i always go over board when i am having a good time i never paid attention to how much i eat .....but i get to a point in my life i have to give some things up to acheive my goal of losing this weight
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    HI All! I went to get on here today from "My Topics" and couldn't find my link.... it looks like my answer to Monday's question didn't work somehow (I have been having computer issues - ugh!).

My body part question answer was the part I'd change is my booty! Who wouldn't want a better butt, right? The front assets can be enhanced with the help of St. Victoria of the Secret, but the rear? Not as much.

I missed Tuesday & Wednesday amid a crazy schedule (and said computer issues)... but for today - what have I sacrificed to live a healthier lifestyle/lose weight/get fit?

Lots of money in the past with "commercial" diet programs, unused Gym memberships, etc.

These days, it's sacrificing some of my "down" time, and maybe spending a bit more $$ at the grocery store for healthier items.

Sorry I missed a couple of days in there! Hope everyone is doing well!

Hugs,
    Amy
  • Stephinow
    Stephinow Posts: 273
    Options

Okay I have to answer the question I missed yesterday first:

The one thing I struggle most with is exercise. I don't like it. I especially don't like it when I'm tired from a long day or tired in the morning because I didn't sleep well. I have tried a lot of different forms of activity and I don't like exercise. There are those who like it "once they get going" or those who have found an activity they love and that's their exercise. Well, I don't fit in either one of those categories. I don't enjoy breathing hard and sore muscles or "the burn" Sorry that turned into a rant, but I'm just being honest. Right now I am just following a program and seeing how long I can do it without giving up.

Now for today's question:

What have I sacrificed? I've really cut back on going out with friends. I don't go nearly as much as I used to because I know I will not go and eat a salad while there's warm tortilla chips and artichoke and spinach dip on the table, and I know I won't drink a glass of water between cocktails. So instead I just make my outings few and far between and fully enjoy myself when I go.
  • Krys_T
    Options

I would definitely take a look into zig-zagging again. You are pretty close to your goal weight from the looks of it and I hear zig-zagging works awesome for that tine period.
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody for your feedback. So I am going to try the zigzag method and hopefully this weight starts to come off. :happy:

As for the question of the day:
    I haven't really had to sacrifice too much. I guess the thing I sacrifice the most is my relaxation time. I don't have kids yet, so I would come home from work make dinner and then veg out for the rest of the evening. Now I come home, workout, shower, make dinner and then pass out from exhaustion. :laugh: