Jillian Michaels...

Options
Hey Guys, I did Jillian Michaels 30 day shred a few months ago and lost 13 lbs as a result. I lost inchses too but I didn't measure unfortunately, so I'm not sure the actual measurements. After completing the 30 day shred, I decided to try doing c25k, which I didn't lose 1 single lb on that program. After recently going to the doctor, she recommended me to lift weights 3 days a week and cardio 2 days a week and I should start seeing results again. After hearing that I think the best way to incorporate both of these is to try another Jillian Michaels dvd.

So this is where you guys come in.. I was looking into trying her Shred it with Weights or Ripped in 30 DVD.. have any of you guys tried either of those dvds, if so which one? Did you like it? And were you successful is loosing weight or inches??

THANKS!

I really appreciate any feedback, I really want to buckle down and lose the weight and her DVD's seem like the best way to do so!!

Replies

• rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I started 30DS and saw results, now I'm in the middle of c25k and have lost 3lbs. I have a couple friends who have done both and then followed it up with Ripped in 30 and they seemed very pleased! good luck!
  • lilybug13
    lilybug13 Posts: 154
    Options
    I really liked Ripped in 30, I didn't measure, but could definitely tell that it made a difference.
  • melissabee31
    Options
    Unfortunately, I haven't tried either of the DVDs you are asking about. I've heard they're good, but haven't gotten around to buying them yet.

I have tried her Yoga meltdown DVD though, and I love it! It gets me sweaty even though it's yoga. It also has REALLY helped me get toned. It uses no weights, but you hold the moves for 15 seconds, and you freaking burn. I love doing an hour of it (two 30 minute workouts, levels 1 & 2) for a great workout.

So anyway, I would highly recommend Yoga meltdown. If you're not seeing results, this DVD could definitely give you the boost you're looking for. Good luck!
  • alexa_image
    alexa_image Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I did the 30DS couple of months ago and love it.
    I bought the Ripped in 30, but haven't done it yet.
    But I really think that if you were able to finish Jillian you can do something more challenging like P90X
    I'm also thinking of doing that now, I just finished Insanity workout yesterday, and really thinking of P90X or Turbo Fire, I love both.
    But P90X is more intense and it may be what you're looking for,
    Message me if you're interested and I can send you a link to a video so you can see what it looks like.
    Good luck!
  • amanda07425
    amanda07425 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I haven't tried either of the DVDs you are asking about. I've heard they're good, but haven't gotten around to buying them yet.

I have tried her Yoga meltdown DVD though, and I love it! It gets me sweaty even though it's yoga. It also has REALLY helped me get toned. It uses no weights, but you hold the moves for 15 seconds, and you freaking burn. I love doing an hour of it (two 30 minute workouts, levels 1 & 2) for a great workout.

So anyway, I would highly recommend Yoga meltdown. If you're not seeing results, this DVD could definitely give you the boost you're looking for. Good luck!

Thanks, i've never actually tried yoga, so maybe this would be a good one to try. I'm not never flexible though.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I was very disappointed with sure it with weights. Ripped in 30 is good though. I think you will see results with that
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I like No More Trouble Zones! Made me lose inches but I gotta get back to doing that DVD!
  • kuhristeee
    kuhristeee Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Since February, I've done 2 full rounds of 30DS and since Ripped in 30 was released back in May (I think? Can't remember exactly when it came out) I've lost 50 lbs. doing them exclusively. For the past 5 months, I've done Ripped in 30 at LEAST 3 times a week, but I try to aim for 4 or 5 times a week. I could sing its praises all day.

There are 4 levels, as opposed to her regular 3 levels on 30DS and others, so that gives me plenty of variety and I never get bored. If I'm feeling particularly sluggish one day, or just not up to par, I stick with level 1. I still get a good workout, but it's slightly easier. If I'm feeling really feisty one day like I could conquer the world, I go all out with level 4.

If you stay within your goals (more often than not...no one is perfect!) and do Ripped in 30 a few times a week, you WILL lose weight and you WILL build lean, healthy muscle. I went from 178 lbs. to 127 lbs in 9 months and I've never felt so good about myself. Of course, you could technically do any exercise and get the same results...but Jillian Michaels is the only person that has motivated me enough to do her DVD's consistently, and I know she has had the same affect on other people as well.

Good luck, the investment is worth it. :)
  • amanda07425
    Options
    Since February, I've done 2 full rounds of 30DS and since Ripped in 30 was released back in May (I think? Can't remember exactly when it came out) I've lost 50 lbs. doing them exclusively. For the past 5 months, I've done Ripped in 30 at LEAST 3 times a week, but I try to aim for 4 or 5 times a week. I could sing its praises all day.

There are 4 levels, as opposed to her regular 3 levels on 30DS and others, so that gives me plenty of variety and I never get bored. If I'm feeling particularly sluggish one day, or just not up to par, I stick with level 1. I still get a good workout, but it's slightly easier. If I'm feeling really feisty one day like I could conquer the world, I go all out with level 4.

If you stay within your goals (more often than not...no one is perfect!) and do Ripped in 30 a few times a week, you WILL lose weight and you WILL build lean, healthy muscle. I went from 178 lbs. to 127 lbs in 9 months and I've never felt so good about myself. Of course, you could technically do any exercise and get the same results...but Jillian Michaels is the only person that has motivated me enough to do her DVD's consistently, and I know she has had the same affect on other people as well.

Good luck, the investment is worth it. :)

Wow that's amazing all on your success!! You lost all the weight just by doing Jillian Michael's DVD's?? Your such an inspiration, makes me want to buy the dvd right now!! lol
  • sh3lby03
    sh3lby03 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I really like her ripped in 30, no more trouble zones, and banish fat boost metabolism...I like to alternate all three so I never get bored
  • jennor8or
    jennor8or Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    i'm doing ripped in 30 now and am loving it! just did measurements after a week and have lost 1.2 lbs and an inch off my thigh, an inch off my waist and 1/2 inch from my shoulders :)
  • amanda07425
    Options
    i'm doing ripped in 30 now and am loving it! just did measurements after a week and have lost 1.2 lbs and an inch off my thigh, an inch off my waist and 1/2 inch from my shoulders :)

that's awesome, great job!! I definitely think i'm going to get it. Doing the 30 day shred was the only thing that gave me results.. I tried running.. tried the elliptical.. so I think I'm gonna try Ripped in 30 now and hopefully the scale will start moving again!