Eating well in University

Options
I have just started university and I am living in student accommodation. My diet has gone a little downhill in the first week. My roommates want to order pizza every other day and its sooo tempting and I gave in twice.

Does anyone have any suggestions on eating well and eating tasty on a low budget?

Replies

• Meiplé
    Meiplé Posts: 50
    Options
    I think maybe you could try buying some frozen veg, and maybe cooking healthy meals ahead of time and freezing them :)
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Make your own pizzas. Use a wholewheat base and top with loadsa yummy things go easy on the cheese and you wont feel like your missing out. Make em om a day off and freeze them. I would top mine with turkey loads of peppers and tomatoes and use a lowfat cheese very sparingly on top. I hope you stay focused.
  • waster196
    waster196 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    To be honest as long as you're preparing your food yourself, you're doing more than most students (especially first years!). Try to make a point of not living out of jars & packets & the freezer too much too. Dried pulses and frozen veggies are a good idea and really versatile. Like Simorah said, try to make up batches of stuff & portion it off & freeze it
  • rj_sunshine
    Options
    Frozen veg - check!

Okay so I can make my own pizza, but what about snacks? Fruit's really expensive these days :(
  • Meiplé
    Meiplé Posts: 50
    Options
    i know. £3 for a watermelon yet a pack of chocolates is less than £1. madness
  • rj_sunshine
    Options
    And fruit goes off really fast too
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Bananas. They're normally pretty cheap.