NSV! Ladies Only

Options
Today was Day 1 of that dreaded time and I usually use this as a good excuse not to get out of bed early and excercise. Today I powered through the cramps and managed to do 30 minutes on the elliptical.

Replies

• KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    You deserve a freaking medal...the only exercise i get during that time is TURNING OVER. XD
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    WTG working thru the dreaded visit. Congrats!
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Thats dedication!!!!! Great Job!!!!
  • fitaliciag
    Options
    i find that working out actually helps with the cramping.....it's when i stop moving that they bother me
  • Krisengel
    Krisengel Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You do deserve a medal! All I want to do then is lay around and stuff my face with junk food. Mine will be coming next week. I'm going to think of you to get my butt off the couch and on the treadmill.
  • shorty458
    shorty458 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I give you major credit!!! It's my monthly visit too, and I don't want to even try to work out
  • melissabee31
    Options
    CONGRATS! Sometimes it is so hard for me to workout on the first day of my period. I've actually quit halfway through a workout at the gym because my cramps were so bad.

Working out can actually reduce cramping later, so hopefully you feel better soon.
  • Eleisabelle
    Options
    Good for you! Strenuous exercise releases endorphins, which are your body's natural pain killers and can help stop the pain of cramping. It's hard to get up the desire to do it, but ultimately it can help if you push through and work out hard!
  • Eatone1
    Eatone1 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Good for you! TOTM is awful! ANY exercise during that time deserves to be commended!!
  • juliesst
    Options
    Well done! On my first day I normally just go home, hehe... maybe I should have a pill and power through it like you did. Thanks for inspiration :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!