My journey, from January 2011 to Oct 2011 with pics

Options
First off, I have to start off saying that if I didn't have my MFP family, I really truly do not think I would have been able to accomplish what I have so far. The support is amazing, I have laughed, cried, been motivated, smiled and jumped for joy with my many friends on this site.
Now, this year I have certainly accomplished things I never dreamed that I would. I ran my first 5K in August, then ran my second this past Saturday. I shaved several minutes off my time and even finished the race holding my children's hands as I crossed the finish line. I can remember running up the last stretch, which was a hill. My boys, 2 and 5 were waiting for me, grabbed my hands and we crossed that finish line, tears in my eyes and so much happiness in my heart!!!
I plan on running several more 5K's this year, along with a 10K and a half marathon. I am ready!
Next year, I shall take on a triathlon!!
I have almost hit the 50 lb mark. It will feel so great and I will then push towards another 50lbs! I can't wait for my 100lb party next year! I wanted to share a few pictures with my OTHER family!!

Right before the finish line with my 2 boys

photo.jpg

First picture in January 2011 the second picture Oct 1 2011

JantoOctUntitled.jpg

JantoOctsideUntitled-1.jpg

Replies

• JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Look at you!!! You look fabulous!!!
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look awesome, and that picture of you and your boys as you cross the finish line is the reason we all do this!

Congrats again!
  • prettybrownround
    prettybrownround Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    What a great story...thx for sharing. Congrats on all ur achievements and much success to u in the future :)
  • Karlirosem
    Karlirosem Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Good job!
  • alexa_image
    alexa_image Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, you are doing a great job.
    Keep up the good work and you'll be celebrating getting to onederland sooner that what you think.
    WTG!!!!!
  • laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    You look great!! All of your hard work def shows! Thanks for sharing!
  • GrannyCynth
    GrannyCynth Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    i am so hapy for you, that is wonderful.
  • downto100
    downto100 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Aw, great job! You look fantastic :)
  • dragonflybird
    Options
    Wow, you are doing great!!! Congratulations on your accomplishments and good luck with your future ones; although I don't think you need it!
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    HOLY CRAP! I can't believe how much you've changed, but more importantly, look how happy you look! You're absolutely GLOWING in the "mid way" pictures. I'm ridiculously proud of you, I hope you know that <3
  • RunningAggie
    Options
    Awesome job! Love the pic at the finish line. I had both my boys cross the line with me at my first Tri - it meant so much to me to have them there...
  • 500lbs2marathon
    500lbs2marathon Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Proud of you my friend!!!!
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    amazing accomplishments!!!

50 lbs is quite the milestone, and so is a 5K!! I hope to run a 5k soon myself!

You look amazing, and so much younger!! :D
  • Kilter
    Kilter Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Way to go! That's just awesome. Those boys must be just tickled to have a mom that can get out and run and hold their hands crossing the finish line.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    So happy for you! Congrats on your hard work and progress!!!
  • mickij3
    mickij3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    good for you!! keep up the great work!! :)
  • shawnscott5
    shawnscott5 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful story, it made me cry a little. Congrats on all your accomplishments, and look at your smile!! You went from angry to happy!! Keep up the dedication and you will meet your goals in no time!!
  • drblythe
    drblythe Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    amazing!! well done.
  • StarGeezer
    Options
    Got... something in my eye... <sniff>... :)

You are an inspiration, truly! Thank you so much for sharing your story and pictures! You absolutely rock, and I'm delighted and thrilled to count you among my friends here! :)
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    You Look great! You have def kept to your goals and have pushed yourself hard. Congrats on the accomplishment. Cant wait to see what results you will have in the next year
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!