Breakfast Help!!

Options
2»

Replies

• noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I've been having about 1/2 cup of greek, nonfat, plain yogurt with 1T of almond butter and a tiny sprinkle of splenda/artificial sweetner (not the whole packet -- just a dash) along with an egg and I am NOT hungry until well into lunch time! It's very rich too and you think you are having something forbidden!
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I drink smoothies for breakfast just about every day. You can even take it with you in a portable cup. I blend 1 scoop of protein powder, 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk, 1 tbs peanut butter or almond butter, 1 handful of baby spinach and sometimes 1/2 cup frozen blueberries. I add a handful of ice cubes and blend. Delicious, nutritious, and fills me up until lunch.

I second this. I just started making smoothies. I use .5 cup of greek yogurt and blend with fruits of your choice. I add a splash or two of water to thin it out so I can drink through a straw.

Here is the recipe I made for today's smoothie:
    1 ripe banana
    1/2 cup of Stonyfield Greek Yogurt (vanilla)
    3/4 cup of Dole frozen mixed fruit (peach, mango, strawberry and pineapple)
    and a splash of water. (didn't measure just slowly added to I got the right consistency)

Put the ingredients into a blender and mix until smooth then slowly add in the water. I am sure you could add milk if you wish.

This sounds really good! My dr. is a huge advocate of smoothies for breakfast and I have yet to try making one!! I think I will try your recipe!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    You could try premaking breakfast sandwiches, freezing them, and then microwaving them in the morning. I'd recommend the prepackaged ones, but a lot of people watch their sodium.
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I like to grab a couple slices of wholegrain bread (Healthy Life is good and very low in calories). I'll toast them then add one tablespoon of peanut butter to one side, and one tablespoon of Nutella to the other and make it a sandwich. It's an awesome eat before my morning runs!
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I love Eggo +fiber waffles (90 cal each). They have a few flavors, my favorites are chocolate chip and the blueberry. I put a tsp of butter on one. I also have a glass of OJ. I am a junk food junkie so I love sweets!
  • melissabee31
    Options
    At first, this sounded weird to me, but now I love it!

1 frozen waffle - I use Van's organic waffles (115 cal)
    1 tbsp peanut butter (100 cal)
    a little bit of honey (not even a tbsp) (30 cal)
    half a banana (50 cal)
    some cinnamon

Put the peanut butter on the waffle, top with honey, banana, and sprinkle cinnamon over the whole thing. It's filling, a little bit sweet, has some protein, and it's easy. Enjoy!

This is my favorite!

Thanks! Seriously, try it and you'll love it!
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    This doesn't take long at all. I toast a bagel thin, spread a laughing cow on it and if I feel like it, I add a turkey bacon (which I microwaved) on it. 150 calories. Yum
  • Bethechange1
    Options
    My favorite right now is a Thomas whole wheat bagel thin, two egg whites, slice of provolone chesse melted on top, and some jelly. Sounds weird, but delish!
  • maurea
    maurea Posts: 17
    Options
    Love the Kind bar - great suggestion!!