Post strength protein

Options
1a1a
1a1a Posts: 761 Member
I'm doing the 30ds at the moment and was wondering, (if it even counts as strength with the lighter weights) does the the protein Have to be eaten after doing strength?

For example, today I left my shredding till very late, just before bedtime in fact, I have a whole day's worth of good eating to fuel me and no desire to eat now that I am done and about to do to bed. Will this be to my detriment?

Cheers

Replies

• HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    If it's that late that you don't feel like eating then I wouldn't force yourself. I always have protein after a strength workout but I workout earlier, plus I have it in shake form at that time rather than food.

Perhaps you could try a protein shake afterwards. Whey is fast release (great for after a workout), casein is slow release (great before sleep) so you could have any really :) It doesn't fill you up as much as a meal, and it's really quick so you can just mix it up, drink then go to sleep.
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Hmm, might have to look into this whey powder stuff :-)
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I drink a protein shake after each of my workouts. I use Jillian Michaels Triple Chocolate mixed w/ 1/2 cup of lactose free milk and 1 cup of water.
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Post workout whey shakes (and similar) are shown to help in recovery in some studies. My personal experience is consistent with that. So that would probably be with your time rather than a meal at a late hour if you don't feel like eating a substantive meal.

30DS is more consistent with muscle conditioning than pure strength building. There is nothing wrong with that. It is actually a very good thing and someone will get stronger. Just not in the same way.