This shizz just got real, yo.

Options
Hi there.

I was recommended this site by a co-worker. I've previously lost 65 lbs through Weight Watchers but I left the program after becoming disillusioned with their underlying corporatism. After leaving I've put 20 back on so I'm kicking my own butt into gear. Before I gave in and went back to WW I thought I'd give this place a try.

For activity I love to dance, and I walk and I do Kick-boxing twice a week. My instructor, bless her, is a bit sadistic but she's a lot of fun ;-)

I'm also reconciling my desire to be healthier (and get into my pants again) with my feminism and the desire to not buy into the monolithic beauty standards that say we all have to be a 6 to be beautiful. I'll probably be blogging a lot here, while I sort all this out, mainly to keep from cluttering my regular blog (http://andiegoddessofpickles.blogspot.com)

Pleased to meet you all!

Replies

• raw_sugar
    Options
    And please, forgive me for the silly thread title. I couldn't think of anything else.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this is a fun site.
    Just enjoy and be healthy and relax.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Welcome! you seem to be active already pretty much this site should help with the nutritional portion of your journey.
  • raw_sugar
    Options
    Thanks, yeah I have been.. I'm pretty sure that the activity is what has kept me from putting more weight back on.
  • laurielou04
    laurielou04 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    welcome! feel free to add me :)