Cleansing teas or herbs

Options
Hey - does anyone use any herbal remedy type things like cleansing teas or herb combinatons to accompany their weight loss?

I ask because I have heard that a lot of :angry: yuck:angry: is stored in our fat, and that (aside from water) it is a good thing to use some sort of cleansers to make sure this stuff doesn't make us sick as we lose weight.

Comments?

Replies

• sunflower8926
    sunflower8926 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Hey - does anyone use any herbal remedy type things like cleansing teas or herb combinatons to accompany their weight loss?

I ask because I have heard that a lot of :angry: yuck:angry: is stored in our fat, and that (aside from water) it is a good thing to use some sort of cleansers to make sure this stuff doesn't make us sick as we lose weight.

Comments?
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    never heard of that. I have heard of colon cleanses... but... ew. I wouldn't worry about it. Drink lots of fwater and try to choose healthy foods and you'll be fine.
  • BCase
    BCase Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Toxins are stored in your FAT so is any past medicines you have taken. A great way to detoxify is by sweating. Scientologist (I'm not but a friend is) believe to assist with sweating to go to a steam room. I try this 3 a week at the gym for about 15 min and I feel great!!! However, you must drink added water!!!
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    hey does that mean the meds they gave me for my back last year are gonna come back around for another dose?
  • BCase
    BCase Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    No...its mostly anaesthesia that is stored in your body.
  • sunflower8926
    Options
    Really? Nobody?:noway:

(And, no, I'm not talking about colon cleansing or anything, just teas or herbs that promote the elimination of toxins from the body. I am using one, but I wondered if anyone else has used one with good results?)
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Okay, toxins from what? I know plenty about bodily processes, and I have yet to find out what, exactly, people mean by 'toxins'. Why would sweating help? What toxins? Where do they come from? How do we filter anything at all?

I'm a physiologist at heart and soon by trade, so I love to hear the logic behind this stuff.:wink:
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I use the Yogi Detox. When I am feeling kinda run down it is usually from toxins being released from the burning fat and I can have a couple cups of it and I feel much better the next day. It has no harsh stimulants or laxatives in it just good mix of cleansing herbs. I tried that dieter's tea once and it is basically Exlax in tea form. It was awful. The Yogi doesn't do that just gently cleanses the liver and blood.
    Amy

118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • sunflower8926
    Options
    Okay, toxins from what? I know plenty about bodily processes, and I have yet to find out what, exactly, people mean by 'toxins'. Why would sweating help? What toxins? Where do they come from? How do we filter anything at all?

I'm a physiologist at heart and soon by trade, so I love to hear the logic behind this stuff.:wink:

Obviously this isn't my area of expertise, but I have heard that toxins, such as pesticides from produce, food preservatives, and so on get stored in the fat as we gain weight. As we lose weight, these toxins supposedly get released, and so some people claim that using herbal cleansers helps to detox the body. Maybe this is flawed science - but on the other hand, I know that population testing for chemicals such as DDT are often performed on butter produced from local dairy farms, because the indicators are apparently reliable. So there must be SOMETHING to this idea.