Hello all!!

Options
Hello I'm Mike, I started trying to lose weight Feb '11 and was 375lb. Started MFP last week and am now 298lb. I have hit a plateau. I have not lost any weight in the last month. I feel that I dont eat enough. I am not trying to eat close to 1900 calories. I have been eating around 1100 calories. I work out atleast every other day. I'm trying to hit 250lb by next spring to take my kids to Disneyland. So far MFP seems like a great place for info.

Replies

• AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Mike, I started trying to lose weight Feb '11 and was 375lb. Started MFP last week and am now 298lb. I have hit a plateau. I have not lost any weight in the last month. I feel that I dont eat enough. I am not trying to eat close to 1900 calories. I have been eating around 1100 calories. I work out atleast every other day. I'm trying to hit 250lb by next spring to take my kids to Disneyland. So far MFP seems like a great place for info.

Welcome to MFP Mike.. I am sure you will Really Like it here, So many Positive and Supportive Friends... Good Luck on your weightloss Journey and Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.. " Remember: " As Long as you Believe, you WILL Achieve"
    Good Luck on your Weightloss Journey Sweetie...

~Rachel
  • AngChambers06
    AngChambers06 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    if you dont eat enough you will hit a plateau. when you're body isnt getting enough it will go into starvation mode and you wont lose anything. I would add in some calories and see if that helps but 1100 is not enough for a female much less a male...
  • jonesal45
    jonesal45 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Mike,
    Congrats on the weight you have already lost! As for your plateau, I think it is because you are eating too few calories. When your body does not receive adequate nutrition for the day, it goes into starvation mode. When it is in this mode, it will burn muscle for fuel and pack on fat for energy stores. I hit a small plateau about every eight weeks or so and I will take two or three days and consume several hundred calories over my daily limit then go back to my normal 1200. I find it jump starts my metabolism. Good luck!
  • adjuaO
    adjuaO Posts: 16
    Options
    Welcome Mike! Ang is right, you need to eat more so your body has enough energy to burn weight. When you exercise more you can eat more :-)
  • Kaimana94
    Kaimana94 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I agree, you need to eat more.
  • ElissaNP
    ElissaNP Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi Mike, welcome aboard. I agree with everyone else, you need to eat more. 1100 calories isn't enough for a man.
    Add me as a friend if you like.