New and looking for exercise ideas

Hey I am excited to get started but about a month ago I sprained my ankle. I am looking for some exercises that can help me exercise without straining my ankle. Anyone have any good suggestions? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Upper body and abdominal exercises won't interfere. Swimming might work for cardio, if that's an option. Just be careful - a few more days rest is better than re-injuring it - you could be out even longer.

If you can walk on it at all - you might check out ExerciseTv Start! Walking 1 Mile. This is free right now. This walking workout (no choreography) can be done at your own pace. Take it REALLY slow - if you can only do a minute or two, that's fine. Then see how you feel the next day.
  • If you have access to a swimming pool, go for it. Swimming is great exercise, low impact and burns tons of calories. It's actually really hard but once you get going, you'll be amazed at how much you burn in the pool. Start out with 10 laps and work up from there. Your body will thank you.
  • take some MSM, shark cartilage, and boswelia... that should help...3
  • eaglenature10
    eaglenature10 Posts: 4 Member
    I would do laying down exercises such as leg lifts (side to side and up and down) and abs. Also, this would be a good opportunity to work out your arms and chest. You can also lay down on your back and do the chest exercises (butterfly) and arms. Also, this is a great opportunity to keep really good track of your daily food intake.

I don't know about cardio though- that would be tough as you do not want to put any pressure on your sprained ankle.

Good luck!

Michelle