October Challenge ~ week 1 ~ Wenches aWeigh (closed group)

Options
October challenges us to bring out our inner pirate!

We are going to make these pounds walk the plank! ARRRRR!!

We will be Ship Shape at the end of October!!!

We will swab the deck with the carcasses of our enemies!!! (I kinda wonder what a deck swabbed with pizza, soda, cookies, and chips would look like!!!)

As our ship sails for these uncharted waters we yell to the shore... Wenches a~Weigh !!!

I will be starting new charts for everyone on Google Docs today!

I have not seen the new challenge yet.... so I suggest we drink over 64+ ounces, eat less than our allotted calories, and do 5 exercises that we find challenging...

I will need a good crew... a loyal first mate, a skilled boatswain, a trusty quartermaster, an agile rigger, a master gunner, and several Able Bodied Sailorettes!!!

Good Luck me hearties!!!!

May the wind fill your sails and the tide be in your favor!

~ Sonia, Captain of the pirate ship "Wenches aWeigh"

Replies

• megansmom311
    Options
    Ahoy, me fellow wenches! :drinker:
  • beckusjane
    Options
    I'm here!! Looking forward to a GREAT month. I find out about being able to go back to exercising today. I will let you know!

I have been able to eat more solid food and I fear a gain just because I can eat now but I will do my best!

Becca
  • IggyL
    IggyL Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Ahoy me lovlies, I be joinin' ya again!

That is about all I have in me...LOL. I sent my AFTER pictures to Sonia last night (which will also be mty staring pictures for this month) and I pleased to say that although the scale didn't drop significantly last month, I lost some inches and got a LOT stronger.
  • beckusjane
    Options
    I just looked at my beginning pics last night and can see a difference. It will definitely help to keep me motivated. I will be taking new pics in the next few days.

I tried to figure out 5 exercises that I can do for this week til we see the challenges. They still do not want me to do anything major but a slow pace walk should be ok. I may just have to walk a ton of slow paced for a while til I can build myself up.

They discovered today that I have developed thrush which totally grosses me out but it is something that needs to be done. They are not sure if the meds have caused it or what. I have slept more the past 4 days and they are thinking maybe I am not getting in enough fluids to wash the meds away...anyway, I will be back to drinking lots and hoping to get this outta my system.

Hope you guys are having a GREAT week:)
  • lalooday
    Options
    I'm in for another month!!! I'm excited about losing more weight! I went shopping for new clothes last Saturday and instead of getting mad at myself while I tried on clothes, I was happy to see a little of the chunky gut gone and things fitting lots better. :) Sooooo Sooo happy to see 185! Now my goal this month is to see the glimpse of the 170's !!!!! I would be so FREAKED out and HAPPY to see those numbers!!!!! :) Okay I will calm down now.

Shiver me timbers Garrrrr!!!
    haha.. love the pirate theme! :)
  • IggyL
    Options
    Since I missed out on exercise last night, I'm going to do JM 30D shred for the challenge tonight. I know it is going to totally kick my butt!
  • IggyL
    Options
    Happy Hump~day!!!! How is everyone doing?

JM kicked my butt last night, I thought I was going to barf. Had to modify some stuff but I did it. It incorporated almost all of Gary's exercises from the Sept challenge so that was my exercise for the challenge yesterday. As of right now I can still move but I am feeling stiff, especially in my shoulders. I never thought 3lbs could feel so heavy...LOL Going to try to keep doing it along with the challenge.

Sonia I hope your mom is doing better.
  • sonybalony
    sonybalony Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    My momma is being moved from ICU to a regular room shortly!!! :-D
  • beckusjane
    Options
    Here is my confession:

I have not been eating right the past few days:embarassed: When you go for two weeks without eating much of anything, EVERYTHING sounds good. Especially the things you should not be having! Sooo...I will need to get my butt back in gear starting tomorrow and hopefully get this show back on the road.

Hope you guys are having a great week! It is nice to see you guys pushing the limits on exercising and doing a wonderful job of making great healthy eating choices. Keep up the AWESOME jobs you are doing!!
    :drinker:
    Becca
  • IggyL
    Options
    So glad you are feeling better Becca! You are going to rock this. Sonia, so glad your mom is doing better. How are things going Laura and Julie?

Since we don't have exercises from Gary yet, I did JM again tonight and feel more tired tonight than last night. I must not have been pushing myself hard enough last night. If the weather stays clear like it is supposed to, I will take the dog for a good walk tomorrow night in addition to another JM workout. What kills me is fat on your body being jarred with all the jumping. I modify where I need to.

I'm going to watch what I eat on Friday for sure because I'm going to a fair in the next town over on Friday night. I cannot resist the fries, fried dough and caramel apples. I promise I will not eat each of those all by myself, I will share with my kids. Well except for the apple, but hey it has to be kinda good for you if there is an apple, right? :huh:

Hugs to you all!:heart::smooched: :flowerforyou:
  • beckusjane
    Options
    Im confused. Did we get new data sheets for this month? Please let me know.

Becca
  • beckusjane
    Options
    ok, maybe something is wrong with mine but I cant open it right. It does not show what the actual exercises are...or were we suppose to make up our own challenges? I am not usually this goofy in trying to figure things out. Just want to make sure I am doing this right....:frown:

Becca
  • megansmom311
    Options
    Becca, I never saw any exercises posted for this month by Gary. I've just been doing my own and counting that. If I'm doing it wrong, y'all tell me and I'll make them up! :glasses:
  • IggyL
    Options
    I've just been doing my own thing until Gary posts the stuff for the actual challenge. :flowerforyou:

JM 30D Shred and Crunch Boot camp incorporate a lot of the challenge exercises that Gary had us doing last month. I've been making sure I at least do one of those each day. I didn't yesterday but walking around the fair for 3.5hrs on grass and soft ground was a good enough workout for me.

Off to do errands today! Catch you all later :drinker:
  • sonybalony
    Options
    Morning me Maties!!!

Sorry I have not been on here much... the poison ivy is driving me certifiably insane! My momma is doing pretty darned good, we will be going to get her in a couple weeks. The only good thing to result from the stressful week (physically) is that I did not stress eat like I normally do! So glad of that!

Going back in to the dr tomorrow to see if he can give me anything additional for this ITCH!!! It spread from just my arms to my torso, neck and upper thighs. :-(

Gotta go, we are doing a MAJOR house clean today!

Hoping Gary will have stuff posted soon!

Sonia
  • sonybalony
    Options
    Ahoy Me Maties!!!!

Me thinks I need to know how many scallywags and swashbucklers are on this here journey on the Wenches aWeigh!!!!!

It makes a bit o' a difference in our treasure chest of point!!

I spy through my google doc eyeglass 3 ready and willing wenches!!! If there are any stowaways I need to add to the crew, don't be afraid I won't make ye walk the plank, just scrub the poop deck!!!

We have only 43 pieces of gold this week that we have collected!!! Get ye to the gym and tote that chest, hoist that sail, swab that deck!!! We have only meager rations, so keep your eating down so we can finish the journey. We need no sickly wenches so hoist your cup in the air and guzzle the sweet pure fresh water! (No dipping into the frothy ocean of soda... ye will die of the thirst it will bring!)

I am not going to change to a new thread as we are so few, if we get beyond a couple pages, we will start a new one.

As the good captain Gary has not posted for this week, I am suggesting again that each of us pick the top 5 most hated exercises we know and do these, posting in the A-B pattern on the doc of google. Add on to this a set distance that challenges you for the ship challenge.

Off to storm the apothecary, to get more medicine for this scurvy rash of ivy!

~ Sonia, Captain of the good ship Wenches aWeigh!
  • beckusjane
    Options
    Wenches,

We are WAY TOOO QUIET! Whats going on?

Thought maybe we needed to see some ideas of things we could do. Im still not completely up to par as far as exercising but I am pushing myself and hoping to see a difference.

Here are my challenges for today:

75 crunches
    15 globe jumps
    30 swimmer presses
    3 minute bear walk
    1.5 mile walk(At least) I am hoping to be able to go farther.

Good luck, ladies!!

Becca
  • beckusjane
    Options
    Today:

30 woodchops
    50 crunches
    50 jumping jacks
    30 lawn mowers
    2 miles with Leslie Sansone

What is everyone else doing for exercises?

Becca:flowerforyou:
  • beckusjane
    Options
    Anybody out there???:huh:

Today Im doing:

2 miles
    30 squat kicks
    75 crunches
    30 swimmer presses
    30 21's

Hope you all are having a GREAT week!!

Becca:flowerforyou:
  • megansmom311
    Options
    I'm here, Becca! Not much computer time, as my internet wants to work for 5 minutes a day. :ohwell:

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week! :drinker: