Need a man...eat chocolate instead...ok that didn't work...

Options
An odd observation. But any single women (or men) find themselves eating to replace sex? Not that it is a good replacement, but it is a reality. It's an attempt to fill the void of not just physical passion but more important that INTIMACY between two people. I can't be the only one who turns to chocolate and wine when there is no man to be found....can I?

If anyone else observes this about themselves, what (KEEP IT CLEAN) works to not use food to fill the lack of intimacy? This post is about realistic ways of not feeling the void of intimacy in your life when you have no partner...it's not just about the physical!

Replies

• YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Need Chocolate? Eat a man instead.
  • Jelleebean
    Options
    :laugh: :drinker:

ha
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Eating a chocolate man works for my wife...IJS.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    this is why i have a well stocked toybox...
  • sweetiepie31612
    sweetiepie31612 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Lots of girls nights with friends. Girls nights and exercise really help to keep me emotionally balanced.
  • scott1024
    scott1024 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    So if a man shows up bearing chocolates, what then??
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    A year of no men got me to the weight where I am right now. Still no man but I got fed up so I'm trying to change that awful habi turning to food when I'd rather be taking my clothes off!
  • lpeacock06
    lpeacock06 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Get married & have a baby & then you'll care less about it!! Ha ha but it's true
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Try calling a friend or friend or family member. I don't think its always about trying to fill the void of not having sex as much as its about filling the void being alone. When I didn't have a boyfriend and was on my own I would go eat out at restaurants or go to cafes and do my homework to be around people.
  • PBJunkie
    PBJunkie Posts: 652
    Options
    All I know peanut butter is a good repellent to keep my gf at bay =P How ironically, I love it and she is allergic to nuts. Guess PB is my substitute for sex.
  • mjshmily
    mjshmily Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    So if a man shows up bearing chocolates, what then??
    He would be a very tired man the next day.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options

Well dang if it were that easy
    I may have to turn to nutella or something to get something nutty and chocolate LMAO
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I am married now, but I spent many years as a single mother with a FT job and sometimes a FT and PT job so very little time for dating. An overly full stomach can produce endorphins, which is why pigging out is so much fun. Exercise also produces endorphins so next time you can't get what you really want, tell yourself that you must exercise first. It doesn't take away the real problem, but you may find that after the exercise you no longer want/need to pig out.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Exercise?

I've never filled that particular void with eating, so I'm not really sure what advice to give here.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    No, I don't eat when I want sex or get lonely.....but I can not say what I DO do because you said we have to keep it clean, so.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    toys......that is all
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    If my man is unavailable, I have plenty of other options to replace sex.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    BOB* is better than chocolate any day

*battery operated boyfriend
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    I wish eating were so good it replaced sex.

Rather, I *kitten* to replace sex.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    Try calling a friend or friend or family member.

Lolz