Can someone help me?

I am not sure I am using the food journal correctly when it comes to my measurements.

Like I ate about 3 ounces of white meat turkey breast (skinless) and I can't seem to figure out
how to chart that.

Also, half a grapefruit.

I don't want to under calculate what I am eating.

Thanks for your help!

Replies

• I am not sure I am using the food journal correctly when it comes to my measurements.

Like I ate about 3 ounces of white meat turkey breast (skinless) and I can't seem to figure out
    how to chart that.

Also, half a grapefruit.

I don't want to under calculate what I am eating.

Thanks for your help!
  • Welcome to the club soulkiss! :flowerforyou:

If nothing comes up for your entry, you'll need to enter it yourself. You can:

1. Take the nutritional information off the package, & enter it as a new food, or
    2. Get the information from www.calorieking.com - that's been the most through for me.
    3. If you're really tired & are like, what the hey...& remember that 1/2 of a disgusting dried out generic donut from this mornings meeting just so you could take your vitamins "with food", & the only thing remotely close are 2 duncan donuts munchkins....but the one you had was not as good or as fresh...so be it & go with it. I figured the duncan donuts were more than the one I ate, so it's not like you're "under estimating".

If you do enter a new food, please do everyone else a favor & mark YES at the bottom (that you want to share your info with the rest of the community).

Don't forget to log your exercise too.

Good luck & God bless your journey! :drinker:
  • wibrown
    wibrown Posts: 30
    What I do if I can't find what I am Looking for on here then I google the Item with the word calorie after it and search till I find it and then I find an item close to it (calorie wise) on this site and use that. I thought on this site I saw some where it was over calculate than under but it might be another blonde moment. :smile: I often wonder if I am calculating it right too. I am not 100% sure of what you are asking but I will try to help. For you serving .5 is half (at least it was when I went to school) but nowadays it could be anything. :laugh: I guess sometimes as far as how much. A serving depending on what it is is either the size of your fist or the length of your hand. When I am in doubt I put in 2 servings instead of 1. I have had to edit my food when I find out the correct calories. I take it the turkey was not the store bought packaged kind. Sometimes they have the facts on it. I also just bought a food scale (Walmart $4.88), it has helped alot with figuring out how much and servings. I hope this helps, if not, I'm sorry but I do wish you luck on your journey.