When you fall off the wagon...

Options
I just read a great quote from Jillian Michaels in the October Redbook. Thought I would share. :)

"Don't beat yourself up if you slip. Think of it this way: If you got a flat tire, what would you do? Change the tire? Or get out of the car and slash the other three tires? No! Get back on the road. Don't dwell on it, don't beat yourself up. That gets you nowhere."

There is also another good one regarding on focusing on the big picture.

"Always ask yourself, 'What is it I really want?' For example, I woke up this morning and I wanted doughnuts, but I wake up EVERY morning and I want doughnuts. So then I'm like, How am I gonna feel if I eat one? How am I gonna feel when my body looks like crap? Put your choices in perspective."

Replies

• asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Really like the one about the flat tire! Love Jillian!
  • ubabe1
    ubabe1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!! Awesome!!!!!!!!
  • rockinjess
    Options
    That made me think mmmm doughnuts but then I realised I don't even really like them! It amazes me that when you name a food that is bad for you and your trying to diet automatically causes you to crave them! Any tips with that? But I do love the both of the ideals in both of the quotes. x
  • caroln3
    caroln3 Posts: 217
    Options
    yeah I fell off bigtime over the weekend, I gained almost 2 lbs because of that and I don't feel good at all. I am trying to start over and it's hard but thanks for the motivation.