HCG Pills

Options
Has anyone tried the HCG Pills for weight loss? I've seen several posts on other sites about the ones from GNC. Now Wal Mart has some that say dissolve. Haven't bought them yet.

Replies

• voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I would have you talk with one of my former patients, but she's dead...

So in short...don't ingest pregnant lady urine while on a VLCD.

Unless, you have a death wish.
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    You do realize that its pregnant lady pee??? Right....

If you want, I can send you some of my pee to put into a pill. You may save some money.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    You will save money and be healthier eating a balanced diet and exercising. Do you know what that pregnancy hormone did to me when I was actually pregnant? I threw up constantly, and while I was throwing up, I was yelling to my husband about what I wanted to eat (and puke up) next. It is a pregnancy hormone, not a diet drug.
  • dyoesle
    dyoesle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Have not tried the pills. Did the HCG drops and lost 22.8 lbs in 23 days two months ago. Am going to start another round in another week. Lost another 8 lbs during maintenance on prox. 1200 calories per day. Loved the HCG, never felt hunger at all. It worked for me.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Get ready for the heated debate --- and just say no.

Do a search on the forums -- you'll find plenty of answers and very strong opinions.
    Hopefully they will change your mind against even thinking about this crap any more.
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    Have not tried the pills. Did the HCG drops and lost 22.8 lbs in 23 days two months ago. Am going to start another round in another week.

Wow... That sounds healthy. (Said with complete and utter sarcasm)
  • dulcechikka
    Options
    You have to be careful about where the source of HCG. The process of it may give it less quality. The self-injecting HCG (that you must see a doctor for) is what I did for only a week and was dropping 2-3 pounds a day. That seemed to be the most effective. Yes, it is more expensive but it really works according to how well you follow the diet.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    i would like to take this opportunity to have someone drop an anvil on my head. please.
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    i would like to take this opportunity to have someone drop an anvil on my head. please.

Why? Just take some HCG and pair it with a starvation diet....it would probably kill you faster than an anvil.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

Hold your head out.
    835776-9-lb-hobby-anvil.jpg
  • jsavors
    Options
    Agree with dulcechikka. Be careful of where you source it from. Pills at GNC? Hm. I'd suggest contacting a weight-loss clinic for medical advice and supervision.

I did a cycle of the injections and I lost 16 lbs. I have kept it off by dedicating myself to a clean-eating diet and exercise. It does work, but you have to commit to changing your eating lifestyle to keep it off (as with any mission to lose weight). The hCG was a good jump-start for me and got me well on my way.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Yea cause buying diet pills from Walmart is real safe.

Just skip the HGC all together do it the old fashioned way with eating right and exercising.
    Anyone that tells you to do it obviously is just looking for a quick fix and doesn't want to put forth the effort.
  • jsavors
    Options
    It's not necessarily for people who want a quick fix or don't want to put forth the effort. :) I did it to jump-start my weigh loss and find some immediate motivation that was fueled by quick results. It's the months following my 1 month of hCG that I've put forth the effort and have worked the hardest. My diet is now perfected by eating whole, clean foods at around 1,200 cal/day, and I'm working harder than ever dedicating myself to a 90-day exercise program I've been wanting to do. I'm a half marathoner and avid Spinning class guru, and this 90-day program is kicking my rear like nothing has!

Yes, I used hCG injections to get me going, but I am DEFINITELY putting forth the effort as I continue on my journey toward my goal.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    It's not necessarily for people who want a quick fix or don't want to put forth the effort. :) I did it to jump-start my weigh loss and find some immediate motivation that was fueled by quick results.

Sounds like the same thing to me..
  • walkinmydoxies
    Options
    Thank you. I read lots of the posts re negatives of HCG. I never knew what HCG was made of. And I do believe the 500 cal day diet caused the loss of muscle mass and hair. I don't see how people function on 500 cals a day. Wow! I can only imagine I would be one mean, unhappy person and extremely hard to live with.

Thanks again to all of you for sharing your comments regarding HCG.