Help! It is kind of an emergency

Options
Ok so I have 34 days until the wedding and my PLAN was to have my final fitting for my dress some time between oct 20-25 about 3 weeks before the wedding since they said that anything less then 14 days is a rush fee. Well when I took my dress home last month it was a size 12 instead of a 16. YAY! but it didnt quite zip up over my bust. (36DDD is a bit snug, my bust has always been out of proportion) I have been doing 30 day shred for the last 2 weeks. On L2D3 today.

Oh got a little sidetracked, the emergency is that I called to make the alterations apt and they wanted me to come in asap. As in NEXT WEEK! Oct 11th. I have 7 days. (dont have my shoes yet either, but that is another emergency ;) ) I know I cant do drastic measures to really slim down super fast in the last 7 days. But what can I do? My first thought is to continue with the 30 day shred of course, and maybe try to cut ALL sodium from my diet for at least the next 7 days and then keep it as low as possible from now until the wedding. (will be hard. cuz I can cut most processed carbs from my diet and most sugar and most fats but I LOVE my salt :-(

I guess my biggest concern is that I am consistently loosing inches even if the scale isnt moving that much and wanted the alterations really close to the wedding to make sure the dress doesnt end up to big. So if I can make a big jump this week then it will be more maintenance and toning from now till the wedding. Cuz I plan on finishing 30 DS and then maybe starting Ripped or some other major body toning up until the wedding day. I want my back and arms to look great ya know? Any tips and ideas would be so much appreciated thank you

Replies

• tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I would just stick to what you are doing. Anything drastic you do to make the fitting be where you want it, may backfire on you in gaining it back before the wedding. At least this way, you will have a little room to move. I think you will be ok, and pretty sure you have lost more than you think from the last time you checked and had the dress fitted.

Good luck and I wish you the best on your wedding and the fitting, shoes, etc!
  • JaimeBrown5
    Options
    You can't cut ALL sodium - you'll die. And if you don't, you'll actually end up retaining water, since your body uses sodium (to an extent) to keep you hydrated. Cut out unneccessary extra amounts perhaps, but don't go crazy with it.
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Stressing yourself out about it is going to make things worse. The more you stress, the more your body is going to hold onto everything. Just keep doing what you're doing.

You're a VERY lucky person if fitting in a dress is an emergency...I thought someone was dying from the title.
  • Benji49
    Benji49 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    OK, so realistically how many of these inches you've been losing have been on your bust? Because is there is little chance that the DDD is going to make it to DD in another week you should probably get the fitting done. How form fitting is the dress - is it going to be glaringly obvious throughout the dress if you drop another inch or two off your hips - or does the dress flow enough that it can be "tweeked" without major alternation being done?

Is the dressmaker aware of the workout plan and do they have an opinion about what alternations can wait and what can not - or are they totally in the dark about it and just trying to cram your alternations into their schedule?

And at the end of it all - if you have to pay a rush fee 10 days before the wedding because you have miraculously dropped another dress size - start throwing a little $ every week into an emergency alteration cookie jar. If it's not needed for that then buy yourself a special something for the wedding night!

and most of all enjoy your wedding.....
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    If you are not quite where you want to be for the fitting, talk to the gal doing the fitting! See if she knows of anything that will help you out. They usually know lots of little secrets and tips. I know my girlfriend ended up getting a minimizer bra to fit a little better in her dress...she was pregnant and the girls were growing so the dress was a little tight by the wedding.

Good Luck!
  • trilikeagirl
    Options
    Stressing yourself out about it is going to make things worse. The more you stress, the more your body is going to hold onto everything. Just keep doing what you're doing.

You're a VERY lucky person if fitting in a dress is an emergency...I thought someone was dying from the title.

LOL!!!
    Do yourself a favor and stop stressing. There are enough wedding stresses that you can't control, and lucky for you this is one that you can. Do what you do, nothing drastic, look in the mirror every day and tell yourself how faboulous you look, do your dress fitting, go on maint. and toning until wedding, eat yourself silly, enjoy your honeymoon and come back to us. Take this as a gift from those of us who remember wedding stress and are very happy to never do that again!!!!!
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you are doing...your fitness plan is lifetime, your wedding is a day (marriage is for life :heart: ) SO keep on the track that you want to be on, regardless of the "big" day. Don't go crazy with a 7 day diet crash, it will be hard to maintain until the wedding and you will feel aweful because of the crash. Plus your skin and hair will sho the stress...

Go for your fitting when it has been scheduled, but get yourself a good supported bra to wear to the fitting and to the wedding.

Explain to the alterations dept. that you are still on a weight loss program. Try your dress on a few days before the wedding to make sure it fits and doesn't need to be tweaked, that way you aren't' upset on your wedding day if it is too loose.

Most of all....ENJOY your day, which should include a piece of the cake :)
  • janetb21
    janetb21 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Can your dress be made into a corseted back, which would give you room for adjustment on the day?
  • val071418
    val071418 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    OK, so realistically how many of these inches you've been losing have been on your bust? Because is there is little chance that the DDD is going to make it to DD in another week you should probably get the fitting done. How form fitting is the dress - is it going to be glaringly obvious throughout the dress if you drop another inch or two off your hips - or does the dress flow enough that it can be "tweeked" without major alternation being done?

Is the dressmaker aware of the workout plan and do they have an opinion about what alternations can wait and what can not - or are they totally in the dark about it and just trying to cram your alternations into their schedule?

And at the end of it all - if you have to pay a rush fee 10 days before the wedding because you have miraculously dropped another dress size - start throwing a little $ every week into an emergency alteration cookie jar. If it's not needed for that then buy yourself a special something for the wedding night!

AGREE!!! COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF!!!

Don't stress, enjoy your wedding!! You dont want your memories to be of you stressing! Enjoy every minute you have of this!! Good luck sweetie!!
  • alaskan_blue
    Options
    DO NOT WORRY. If your dress fits everywhere except over the bust you're going to be fine. Ask the tailor if a corset back with a modesty panel can be added to the back to adjust for the bust. That way, it'll fit just fine and it will look like it was part of the original design.
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options

When I originally put the dress on layaway in a size 16 they knew about the work out plan. And were impressed that a size 12 fit in ever way except the last inch or two bcuz of my bust. Not a lot has been lost in my bust. No new bras just no longer spilling out of them and they are now a little big, the bras that is. And I went from the middle clip on the band to the tightest one and have tightened the straps. But have gone down 2 sizes in my jeans and now in a size 10 that fits pretty good. Yes the dress is not form fitting. It is empire waisted and flowing chiffon so if I loose more in lower part of my body it will still fit. I am Just concerned about it falling down since it is strapless. My body has this certain threshhold where it holds onto my bust and I dont know when it will decide to just loose a cup size. I have been feeling that I was just about at that point. another 5 lb loss and I will see it in my bust. If I can loose that 5 lbs this week before the alterations then the bust will still fit a month from now. But I guess as someone else posted that adding stress about this will just make it worse not better. Just try to be dedicated with my 30DS and extra carefull on my food intake and just go with the flow. What ever size I am next week that is what size I am next week. I already know he will have to take it in in the waist. Will try the dress on tonight with my undergarments see if it zippes up already. And just try to not worry about it. I had been telling myself that if they have to take it out in the bust and take it in the waist then so be it. But I really wanted to take it in a whole size all arround. Thanks girls
  • TrishJimenez
    Options
    Keep doing what you are doing...your fitness plan is lifetime, your wedding is a day (marriage is for life :heart: ) SO keep on the track that you want to be on, regardless of the "big" day. Don't go crazy with a 7 day diet crash, it will be hard to maintain until the wedding and you will feel aweful because of the crash. Plus your skin and hair will sho the stress...

Go for your fitting when it has been scheduled, but get yourself a good supported bra to wear to the fitting and to the wedding.

Explain to the alterations dept. that you are still on a weight loss program. Try your dress on a few days before the wedding to make sure it fits and doesn't need to be tweaked, that way you aren't' upset on your wedding day if it is too loose.

Most of all....ENJOY your day, which should include a piece of the cake :)

That is what I was worried about, that it would be to loose. I will explain how many inches I have already lost and they are the experts they will know how to adjust accordingly
  • TrishJimenez
    Options
    Can your dress be made into a corseted back, which would give you room for adjustment on the day?

Unfortunately it can not be a corseted back as it is empire waist ed and chiffon, though I love the corseted look and maybe in my situation that would have been a good idea to go with it didnt happen that way :)

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Chiffon-soft-A-line-with-Beaded-Lace-on-Empire-V9743

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Chiffon-soft-A-line-with-Beaded-Lace-on-Empire-V9743
  • Spedden
    Spedden Posts: 207
    Options
    You're going to be a gorgeous bride! Enjoy your wonderful wedding!:flowerforyou:
  • TipMcE
    TipMcE Posts: 158
    Options
    Don't try to push for a huge loss in one week because the risk is too high that it'll come back and your dress will be too tight. Your dressmaker has seen it all and can probably advise you on the best option. Also if you're worried about the dress falling down, what about getting that tape they all seem to use in Hollywood? Have you thought about shapewear? it saved me when I had to order a bridesmaid dress 6 months after having a baby and fluctuating weight and chest size due to nursing.

Above all, relax and enjoy your wedding!

PS. I just saw the link you posted. It's gorgeous! You'll be stunning!
  • amberl10
    amberl10 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    When I want to lose weight fast, my go to is to cut the carbs. Maybe carbs aren't an issue for you but when I cut way back I tend to lose faster. I agree with the others, don't stress, you'll look amazing in your dress no matter what.
  • fairygirl716
    Options
    If all else fails....fill your bra with padding if you lose too much. No point stressing...get the fitting done to now and IF things change...deal with it then. Enjoy your wedding and congratulations!
  • TrishJimenez
    Options
    ok, update. I cant find the long line strapless bra that I have been wearing for the trying on of the dress. And I didnt buy a slip bcuz I had a slip from a previous event that I thought would fit cuz I was pretty sure was a 14(those formal puffy slips always run 2 sizes smaller then they say) but I tried it on last night cuz I was going to do a trial run of my dress. And it doesnt quite zip up! UGH! I just cant win!. I think I need to find another bra, cuz I had the old one in a Davids Bridal bag in my car (I know I should have brought it in and put it away in a safe place since it is so important. But if I did I cant remember where that safe place is, and the car is the last place I remember it) I TORE the house apart last night, and my car. I dont now what could have happened to it. So now I have to buy another one. AND buy some time until i can get this slip on. Cuz well I am a broke single mom and FH is also broke with all the other wedding expenses. Even though his parents are paying for a lot. Cuz well his mom is the one that wanted a big wedding. I wanted a VERY small wedding, drive thru with like a tea length Audrey Hepburn type gown ;) Oh well call the Bridal shop and tell them I need at least more time or I wont be able to pay for the alterations.
  • Benji49
    Benji49 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    ok, update. I cant find the long line strapless bra that I have been wearing for the trying on of the dress. And I didnt buy a slip bcuz I had a slip from a previous event that I thought would fit cuz I was pretty sure was a 14(those formal puffy slips always run 2 sizes smaller then they say) but I tried it on last night cuz I was going to do a trial run of my dress. And it doesnt quite zip up! UGH! I just cant win!. I think I need to find another bra, cuz I had the old one in a Davids Bridal bag in my car (I know I should have brought it in and put it away in a safe place since it is so important. But if I did I cant remember where that safe place is, and the car is the last place I remember it) I TORE the house apart last night, and my car. I dont now what could have happened to it. So now I have to buy another one. AND buy some time until i can get this slip on. Cuz well I am a broke single mom and FH is also broke with all the other wedding expenses. Even though his parents are paying for a lot. Cuz well his mom is the one that wanted a big wedding. I wanted a VERY small wedding, drive thru with like a tea length Audrey Hepburn type gown ;) Oh well call the Bridal shop and tell them I need at least more time or I wont be able to pay for the alterations.

I had a thought with regard to the possiblity of the dress "slipping" if you lost too much in the chest area. You know if all else fails there is a tape that models use (and for the life of me I can't remember what it is called) but they use it for walking down runways in swimsuits etc. Ever wondered why there are so few wardrobe malfunctions at those things???

Anyway, your alterations guy should know what I'm talking about. You could, just to be on the safe side, adhere some of this double sided tape in the bust area to hold things so it doesn't all go south at the last minute.

And when it comes to where you put the bag with the bra in it - give yourself an evening of not thinking about it. If you're at all like me you'll wake up in the middle of the night thinking HAH! I know where it is! The more I fret about mislaid things the longer they stay lost.

Stay calm.....have fun!