C25k Did you ever repeat weeks?

2»

Replies

• killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    I just repeated week 2, just because I didn't think I was fit enough (it was still kinda hard for me) The only thing I can tell you is LISTEN TO YOUR BODY!!! If it doesn't feel great, repeat the week. It's designed as a guideline only. Go at your own pace!

That's fine but also remember, a run shouldn't necessarily feel "easy" before you move on to the next. If you do that, it's going to take a long, long time, not that it's bad to take longer, but I don't think you need to repeat everything to the point of feeling it's easy. If you give yourself the rest days to strengthen from your last run, you'll be more prepared to take on your next run.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    I think it's also important to remember to SLOW DOWN. If you're dying on the runs, you may be going too fast. The goal is to build up your endurance, the speed will come later.
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    I just finished week 4 tonight. I haven't repeated any days, but I run slowly! My plan is to finish the 9 weeks at a slow pace, and then do it again working on speed. Every week, I look at what's coming up the next week and think that there is just no way I'll be able to do it. But somehow, I've managed to push through. It hasn't been easy! But it's worth it.
  • niciivey
    niciivey Posts: 40 Member
    I think it's also important to remember to SLOW DOWN. If you're dying on the runs, you may be going too fast. The goal is to build up your endurance, the speed will come later.
    I have found a good steady pace that is perfect for me, but when it starts to hurt and i try to slow down some it hurts worse going so slow! So I just have to push through without slowing down and sometimes I even speed up some to get to the end.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    I have found a good steady pace that is perfect for me, but when it starts to hurt and i try to slow down some it hurts worse going so slow! So I just have to push through without slowing down and sometimes I even speed up some to get to the end.

Yes!!! I find going slower is harder!
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    I know this is a dumb question, but I have to ask: How DO i repeat a day or week? I am using the iPod app, and there appears to be no 'forward/reverse' button or arrow. I cannot manually tap on the previous day and make it play.

I also know this is an old thread, and I shouldn't be resurrecting it, but I already tried a new topic and caught a lot of crap for it. Anyone with help or suggestions would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Sorry, I don't have an iAnything so I'm not sure how that app works. Bumping so maybe you'll get an answer.

The app I have for my Android phone lets me skip or repeat sessions. You might either look for a different app or just look for an interval or HIIT app, something that you can program your walk and run intervals yourself. You could always just use a stopwatch app, too, or if you have a GPS watch just use the time on it. You'll just have to keep an eye on it so you know when to start and stop. I do that on all of my runs since I run/walk intervals normally.
This discussion has been closed.