Im on week 1 of C25k programme.. is anybody on it like me.

Options
I am a beginner I would love to hear how people have improved whilst on it to spur me on. I am 4 stones over weight and I still aim to make good progress I wasnt as unfit as I thought. I would love to beable to run the 5 k at the end. Is it doable for me do you think?/

Replies

• grimms11208
    grimms11208 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    My coworker and I are starting tomorrow if you want to add us! :)
  • conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I am a beginner I would love to hear how people have improved whilst on it to spur me on. I am 4 stones over weight and I still aim to make good progress I wasnt as unfit as I thought. I would love to beable to run the 5 k at the end. Is it doable for me do you think?/

Heck yeah it's possible!!!!! I'm in week 7 and I am doing WAY better than I ever anticipated !! I can actually run longer than the program wants me to and I find I have to slow myself down and not do too much to soon. That's the real hard part.
    Tips: Take your rest days...get good running shoes...and try your best to run on crushed gravel/dirt paths. Keep going It gets addicting.!
    I'm already registered for my first 5k on Oct 30th!!!
    Good Luck
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Aww thankyou for your support and well done on doing the 5k thats brilliant. I hope I get there too. I am very determined :O)
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Absolutely doable!!! :) I had to look up how much a stone was first, ;-) but I can now tell you I'm nearly 5 stone overweight, and I started this program when I weighed even more than I do now, and if I can do it, I know you can. My knees hurt quite a bit at first, but once I learned to adjust my stride (try to land on the middle of your foot) and got some decent running shoes, I've been having less and less knee soreness every time I go out, even though I'm running farther every time. Make sure you have some good music to keep you going while you run and try to run outside whenever possible (much more motivation to keep running than on a treadmill, in my opinion), and most important of all, respect the rest days and make sure you stretch well after each day's running. So important! I'm just starting Week 5 today and can't wait... I never thought I'd be able to run, and this program has been amazing for changing my mind about that.

Good luck! :)
  • suzi67
    suzi67 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting week 8, which is the final week on the program I'm using. It got easier, especially when I reminded myself where I had been at the beginning. Dying when running for just a minute to running for 25+ minutes. If a 44 year old can do it, anyone can!
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the fabulous words of wisdom I cant wait to better myself and run. Bless you for having to look up what a stone is haha. I forget about my friends over the water sometimes :O)