20 by 2012 Week 5

Options
Hey ya’ll! Sorry I didnt’ make sure this saved the last time! So here are the challenges!

Week 5 Food Challenge: Lets watch that sodium!! Try to get 2,000mg of sodium! MFP says the max is 2500, so be under!!

Week 5 Exercise Challenge: I’ve had several suggestions for this, so we’re going to see how many reps we can do of certain exercises in the time frame of 60 seconds! See if you improve as the week goes on! Here is the list of exercises to time yourself with:
sit-ups/crunches
jumping jacks
push-ups
lunges
mountain climbers
That is 5 minutes worth of exercise!

Everyone has been doing so great!!!!!! Please don't forget to weigh-in! and here are all of the links :)

Weigh-in form: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dFNNOE15eTFYS1FMdlZPdjdHMUhyNkE6MQ#gid=0

Challenge Document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/13kDoyxg5gm8sMmi4PyzfduDwqRABjmRxLzgEpAETNgI/edit?hl=en_US

Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArMD907X0H5MdE14UTg2VFg4RU9kektkWWdPVmc1ZXc&hl=en_US

Replies

• JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Awesomeness.....can't wait to get on this challenge. Sadly it won't be until tonight...after dinner, dropping son off to practice, grocery shopping, picking son up at practice, putting items away, packing lunches.....hoping I won't crash before I get this in. I only had 5 hours sleep, and I don't function well unless I've had 8-9 hours sleep. Wish me luck!!! ;)
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Awesomeness.....can't wait to get on this challenge. Sadly it won't be until tonight...after dinner, dropping son off to practice, grocery shopping, picking son up at practice, putting items away, packing lunches.....hoping I won't crash before I get this in. I only had 5 hours sleep, and I don't function well unless I've had 8-9 hours sleep. Wish me luck!!! ;)

WOW!! Busy evening! I'm sorry this didn't get posted sooner. It was a crazy weekend! If only have 5 hours of sleep doesn't help you sleep well tonight, those 5 minutes of exercises probably will!! LOL Hopefully you'll get more sleep tonight! :)
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    W00t! I went to San Antonio Thurs-Sun for a Vet Tech Conference and I actually lost a pound! I was soo worried that I was enjoying myself waaayyy too much and that it would be disastrous today. I also have to say that I did try three new things while out and about. Thursday I had a Margarilla at Rainforest Cafe I'd never had before, some pumpkin ice cream from Ben and Jerry's and a muffaletta (sp?) at one of the party hosted by one the drug reps at in the exhibit hall. lol, not sure my pick in new foods was very healthy, but I was in San Antonio and I was with my mom, so I'm not really concerned :P
  • musicgirl88
    Options
    W00t! I went to San Antonio Thurs-Sun for a Vet Tech Conference and I actually lost a pound! I was soo worried that I was enjoying myself waaayyy too much and that it would be disastrous today. I also have to say that I did try three new things while out and about. Thursday I had a Margarilla at Rainforest Cafe I'd never had before, some pumpkin ice cream from Ben and Jerry's and a muffaletta (sp?) at one of the party hosted by one the drug reps at in the exhibit hall. lol, not sure my pick in new foods was very healthy, but I was in San Antonio and I was with my mom, so I'm not really concerned :P

Great job on trying new foods!! It may not have been heatlhy, but now that you have tried them, maybe you can find the healthy alternative to it!! Like the pumpkin ice cream....I have a friend that makes ice cream all the time! When it's home made you can make it super healthy! Great work on losing a pound while out of town!! :D
  • JMehl135
    JMehl135 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It isn't logging my weight on the spreadsheet :( I think I may have lost a lot of water weight this week though because it was more than usual!
  • musicgirl88
    Options
    It isn't logging my weight on the spreadsheet :( I think I may have lost a lot of water weight this week though because it was more than usual!

I put your weight in on the actual spreadsheet! I check the weigh-in forms every half hour or so (sometimes it's longer if I'm in the middle of something) and then update the spreadsheet as I see people weighing in! And wow!! 5 pounds is crazy! But I have also lost that amount in a week before. Of course I almost always end up gaining at least a pound the next week, but hopefully for you it will stay off!!!!!! :D
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Lauren, you rock!

By the way, how come I didn't get green numbers on the spreadsheet? I did lose a big half pound!:ohwell:
  • musicgirl88
    Options
    Lauren, you rock!

By the way, how come I didn't get green numbers on the spreadsheet? I did lose a big half pound!:ohwell:

uh oh...did I click a wrong color for you??? I will go back and check it! And thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like I've been neglecting you guys this past week because I've been so busy, but ya'll have been doing so great :D
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options
    Got my challenges done....do you want the numbers?
  • JMehl135
    JMehl135 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have a test on Wednesday and usually weigh a few pounds less due to stress. But even if I gain a pound back - 3 pound works for me :) Thanks for all your help with this!!
  • musicgirl88
    Options
    If ya'll want to post the numbers as you complete the challenge, you can, or you can wait until the end of the week and compare your numbers!!
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options
    This is for yesterday....

sit-ups/crunches
    jumping jacks
    push-ups
    lunges
    mountain climbers ----37

Haven't gotten to the challenge today yet.....
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options
    sit-ups/crunches
    jumping jacks
    push-ups
    lunges
    mountain climbers ----29

Sodium
  • musicgirl88
    Options
    sit-ups/crunches
    jumping jacks
    push-ups
    lunges
    mountain climbers ----29

Sodium

You're doing so awesome Alicia!! Keep up all the great work :)
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options
    sit-ups/crunches
    jumping jacks
    push-ups
    lunges
    mountain climbers ----40

Sodium

So tired tonight...went up in some and down in others!
    Would love to see how the rest of the group is doing!!
  • musicgirl88
    Options
    sit-ups/crunches
    jumping jacks
    push-ups
    lunges
    mountain climbers ----40

Sodium

So tired tonight...went up in some and down in others!
    Would love to see how the rest of the group is doing!!

Here's my stats so far
    Monday 32, 41, 9, 20, 48 Today 40, 42, 15, 25, 50
    Those are in the same order you have yours Alicia, just too lazy to type it all out LOL...you're all doing great!!!
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'M SUCH A SLACKER! Who knew transitioning from vacation/conference mode to studying-every-secobd-you're-awake/9-hr work shifts/no-more-margarillas-or-hurriances-for-you would be so difficult and tiring? I am slowly getting back into fierce mode again after having knocked out 302 calories this morning in the gym!
  • garangirl
    Options
    Yeah, it's been a crazy coupla weeks here. Trying to get back into the swing of things.