1st NSV - Ran in a 5k Race!!!

So I started running around 6 weeks ago when I signed up for my 1st 5k race, before that I was lucky if I could run for the bus.

I am glad to say I completed my run yesterday in a not so sunny Edinburgh with the rain hammering down, but I loved every minute of it.

I completed my 5k in a 34.17 and finished 270 out of 475, so for a 1st race I was delighted.

It is safe to say I have caught the bug and have races already planned for November and January and I cant wait :D

Replies

• WOOOHOOO!!! way to go!!!! Once you catch the bug it's hard to let it go!!! Congrats on your first!!!!
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Congrats on your first 5K.....I'm running my first 5K trail run this sunday....Can't wait :)
  • Balsaboy
    Balsaboy Posts: 29 Member
    That's brilliant. It wasn't that long ago I completed my first 5k race, and before I knew it I was doing a 10k and then a half marathon, but 5k remains my favorite distance to run. Enjoy!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Great job! Amazing how addictive they are, isn't it?
  • kimmyj74
    kimmyj74 Posts: 223 Member
    Great job! I plan on signing up for my first 5K in November. (Turkey Trot)
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Fantastic job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!