Completed my first month

Options
Completed my first month of diet and gym and no smoking, I have lost 22 pounds, but I know a lot of that was water retention and a stomach full of **** food......I suppose the hard work really begins now.

I am on quite a low carb diet but that is nothing to do with any Atkins stuff etc......its just that I love bread etc that if I had one slice I would eat the whole loaf ....so I am keeping away from carbs at the moment, but eating vegetables, chicken and plenty of eggs etc.

Now the honeymoon period is over and the scales decide to fight back am I in for a rough ride !

How was it after your first month

Replies

• VickiMitkins
    VickiMitkins Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work. I started slow, so I can't really provide much insight. I have lost 36 lbs in about a year. I'm happy with that because I feel confident that once I reach my goal I will be better equipped to maintain it. I can say that the loss does slow down some. The less you need to lose, the slower it will be. For me some things have gotten easier over time. You may notice the same things (like not craving the bread, etc.)
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    YAY!! Congratulations on making it through the first month! Not only making it through, but having some great results even.

My first month was exploratory I think...a lot of subbing in lower calorie foods for the real versions, I started drinking sodas to get through the weekends without snacking too bad...I think the second month is around when I started to really get the hang of it, let go of some of the sub foods and started having an easier time with it all.
  • obstacleone
    Options
    You've done an awesome job this month.
    And I must admit I am digging your new profile picture.

How is your energy level these days now that you're not eating carbs and exercising.
    The fact that you adjusted your eating habits AND exercised bodes well for your weight loss journey..

I am addicted to working out now. I feel like I want to do more and more and more, my energy level is a lot higher than it has been in a long time too.

My first month has been successful but there has been stumbling blocks that I have hoped to have ironed out.

Keep up the excellent work my friend.
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    Awesome job. I want to say Extra KUDOS on the non smoking thing. You are doing very well, I see it every day and your being consistent, so it pays off. Nice new picture(love the guitar)! Keep up the good work and I'll continue to root for you!
  • oswaldbowser
    oswaldbowser Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your support.....my energy levels are good, one strange thing is when i say do the last 10 mins of 60min walking on a gradient of the treadmill all of a sudden I get extra energy...I dont know if is because I can see the end or my body has just got into the swing of it

The Guitar on the profile picture is a Gretsch Duo Jet
  • Kdrules
    Kdrules Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I THINK U DID GREAT. I AM A SLOW LOOSER BUT I ADMIRE U FOR JUMPING IN AND TAKING CONTROL IN THE BEGINNING