Shift workers

Hellp all! I have been working hardto lose my baby weight and as it turns out my maternity leave is now over. I am a registered nurse and I work 12 hour shifts, days and nights.

Tonight is my (triumphant?) return to night shifts and I'm a little confused about how I should log my calories. I'm wondering what everyone else does? Should I change days as of midnight? or log everything I eat as Monday?

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated!

Replies

• abby459
    abby459 Posts: 694 Member
    When I worked night (the past 2 years) I changed my dairy settings to times i.e 7pm-10pm, 11pm-2am, ect....it helped me!
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    bump
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    When I worked night (the past 2 years) I changed my dairy settings to times i.e 7pm-10pm, 11pm-2am, ect....it helped me!

i definitely agree, make the schedule match your life. Own it and make it work for you! :flowerforyou:
  • SarahBeeMe
    SarahBeeMe Posts: 91 Member
    Heya! I'm actually working a night shift right now...
    I eat breakfast in the morning after my night shift... I then have a small snack mid afternoon which I include in the lunch section. Then I have a small dinner when I've woken up fully late afternoon.
    I log a very light LUNCH which I actually take with me to eat before midnight (tonight for example, houmous and carrot sticks.).
    Anything I take to have as a snack AFTER midnight I log onto the next day.
    That may sound confusing but I have found that it's the best way to keep my body in a routine... by not actually changing any meal time apart from lunch.
    I avoid too much sugar during the night, but that's just a personal choice as I find it makes me feel all bloated and horrible in the morning. I hope that helps maybe!? You're welcome to look at my diaries for yesterday and today, it might make more sense. :)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    been working graveyard hours 10:30pm-7:30am since I started. I always start logging @ midnight and stop when I go to bed, around 3-4 afternoon.
  • Tanyabear_
    Tanyabear_ Posts: 16 Member
    bump