How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
I was just wondering this, because I'm trying really hard to not weigh myself right now. I've only been trying this for the past few days, and I know every time I weigh myself (I haven't done so yet this round) I get all depressed, and I don't want that to happen this time! I haven't weighed myself since they weighed me at the dr's on Thursday. I get easily discouraged, but I don't visit the doctor again until December. I don't know if I could go that long...

Replies

• monetsf
    monetsf Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I jump on the scale everyday, however I don't record the weight till I see it two days in a row. There have been reports that show that the more often you weigh yourself the higher the likelihood you will lose or maintain the loss. You also may find that it will keep you motivated and will prevent you getting scale phobia.
  • hitormiss50
    Options
    I find I see the best results when I only weigh myself once a week, pick a day and that's your day, then you will see hopefully better results
  • DawnLosing
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday so I can see what is working and what isn't however I only record my weight every Monday. Good luck :)
  • beautifulbrat
    Options
    i weigh myself once a week. but this week i've been having to skip it where its that wondeful time of the month lol
  • vampee
    vampee Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I try to only weigh myself once a week for real, however, I step on the scale every few days or so.
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    I have been weighing every morning, but only recording it on Wednesday mornings. (I choose Wednesday because it gives me a chance to equalize after the weekend.)
  • toosomy
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday. It makes me feel more accountable if I do.. because if I cheat it ALWAYS shows on the scale! So it keeps me from eating something extra.. like right now, my husband brought home some pumpkin pie, and I'd LOVE a slice, but I'd rather see a change on the scale tomorrow morning!!
  • gstroop3802
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday not for the actual weight but to track based on eating habits and exercise for the prior day. If I lose weight I usually follow that same pattern. If I gain I try to understand what I could change.
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day but only count my Friday weight. THis helps me keep track of my sodium and keeps me on track.
  • clairegogogo
    Options
    every morning! I tried to weigh myself once a week, but how can you resist when the scale is right there?? lol
  • amyschaefer
    Options
    Sometimes I weight myself about 50 times a day and then I realize this is ridiculous and take a few days off. ;) I am trying for once a week but it is hard!
  • Staceyblewin
    Staceyblewin Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Ugh I wish I could stick to weighing myself one time a day. Every morning.. but I can't resist the scale. I check almost hourly when I'm at home.
  • music_lover_103
    Options
    i've struggled with this, too. how often you weigh yourself really depends on who you are and what you prefer. i try to weigh myself only once a week, but when i start trying something new (taking out dairy, or just using my diary again) i get so excited that i want to weigh myself every day. i try to not jump on the scale more than every other day, since weight can fluctuate so much.

personally, i think once a week is the way to go, but it's really up to you.
  • choconuts
    choconuts Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Every single morning, but I only record my weight on Friday. If i'm up 2 pounds on Friday than I was on Monday, the higher # goes in!
  • msjamartin
    Options
    I record my weight once a week on Sat. morning. Then I do a mid-week check on Wed. That is it. I ignore that pesky scale other days and focus my energy on eating right and exercise. Long term the lifestyle change is more important than a number. Focus on health & fitness. The scale will follow.
  • Lost_it
    Lost_it Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday but I only record my weight on Fridays, It helps me keep on track. If I find I have gone up a liitle bit I try harder the next day to stay on track & maybe get a little bit more exercise in
  • shaybug21
    Options
    Haha I like that idea :happy:
  • SarahBeeMe
    SarahBeeMe Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Personally - once a week, on the same day, at the same time, in the same clothes!
  • shaybug21
    Options
    See because I used to jump on them every day, and they'd never change, it bothered me. Even while doing Weight Watchers my scales at home never seemed to work, but sure enough when I had my big weigh in at the meeting I had dropped a couple pounds. So I get really frustrated. I was thinking of having hubby hide them from me and not weighing myself for 2 weeks, to see if I could get the number on the scale to change. I easily get frustrated and give up right then and there if I can't get that needle to move. But I have a hard time losing weight to begin with, so part of me says "why even try?".
  • lolollama
    Options
    I weigh myself about 5 times a day :P I know it's bad but I can't help it!

I only record my weight loss once a week.