Does sucking in your gut burn calories?

Options
I'm only half kidding. It's not something I'd log, but I find myself pulling it in when I walk through the office past all the cubicles.

Replies

• seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,307
    Options
    I heard years ago that holding her gut in and count to ten equals so many crunches.................
  • chris1529
    chris1529 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Ummm.... LOL..... It probably helps with posture and your core muscles but not any calories shed. :)
  • rebecca_lc28
    rebecca_lc28 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    i dont think it dose but i can tell you that i walk around almost every day sucking my stomach in when i am out in public i can hold it in for long periods of time even all day at work!! as i am way to scared not to hold it in.. and because i have been doing it for so long it just becomes natural!
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    It probably does not burn many calories, but if you mean you are contracting your abs, that will definitely tone them. It's the biggest principle of pilates.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Nothing substantial otherwise I'd have a six pack! I carry my weight in the middle and even though I'm close to my goal weight I look pregnant if I don't suck it in. I've been doing it for so long, like someone said it comes natural now.