Fightining Late Night Cravings

Options
I work a job at a newspaper that requires me to work til 100-200 in the morning. I have a little snack around 800 p.m., but I am very hungry at the end of the night. I don't want to give in to something that's not healthy. Any ideas on a good snack or tips to make me skip that snack. Thanks.

Replies

• siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    I always keep tuna packets or tons of fruit/nuts around to snack on... what i have found that works best though is a low calorie protein shake like hydrowhey by gold standard
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Eat it, account for the calories, and it's all good. If you KNOW you are going to want a snack later on in the day, just adjust the amount you eat during to day to order to "pay" for it later with your calories!
  • Jewels211
    Jewels211 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    If your whole schedule is shifted to the point that 2:00 a.m. the evening of your "day", then eating a snack then shouldn't be too bad. Do you have breakfast/first meal around noon maybe? If so, anything healthy would work--granola bar, trail mix, an apple, raw veggies n dip or Laughing Cow Light or peanut butter, string cheese. None of those are high calorie, but if you involve fiber &/or protein it should help keep you satisfied.
  • Dannypuck
    Dannypuck Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I still have breakfast at say 9-10 am. Lunch at 1-2 and then eat with my wife and daughter around 5-6. I do have one snack at 830-9 pm just to keep me going. My lunch and breakfast are small meals and dinner is usually the biggest.
  • Jewels211
    Jewels211 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I still have breakfast at say 9-10 am. Lunch at 1-2 and then eat with my wife and daughter around 5-6. I do have one snack at 830-9 pm just to keep me going. My lunch and breakfast are small meals and dinner is usually the biggest.

Hmm, maybe if you eat a light snack about 11:00 or midnight then? That would give your body a few hours to digest and maybe not be so hungry by the end of the work period. Most of the stuff I named can be 70 calories or less (except the peanut butter and the granola probably). Then drink some water if you can and you should be set without having to worry about sabotaging your weight loss, I'd think.
  • Dannypuck
    Dannypuck Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options

Hmm, maybe if you eat a light snack about 11:00 or midnight then? That would give your body a few hours to digest and maybe not be so hungry by the end of the work period. Most of the stuff I named can be 70 calories or less (except the peanut butter and the granola probably). Then drink some water if you can and you should be set without having to worry about sabotaging your weight loss, I'd think.

I'll try it out and see what happens. Thanks.