Day 2 of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred-Sore??

Options
Today was the second day of the 30 day shred program, I am doing this twice per day. I can hardly walk. I mean, I am as sore as can be! When does the soreness let up?? Im not used to workout out hardcore. Im just used to walking/running. Thanks.

Replies

• pmich08
    pmich08 Posts: 193
    Options
    The first time around I was so sore after day 1 that I couldn't even sit on the toilet. It took me about 4 days of the shred daily to not be sore anymore. (I did the shred every day straight, no rest days)
  • EricaVR
    EricaVR Posts: 10
    Options
    I only do it about every other day, but I don't get nearly as sore now as I did first couple times.
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    The first time around I was so sore after day 1 that I couldn't even sit on the toilet. It took me about 4 days of the shred daily to not be sore anymore. (I did the shred every day straight, no rest days)

lol funny that you said that. i almost fell off the toilet this morning I was hurting so bad. im wanting to tone my bum and it sure is doing something to it! :)
  • lbeasey
    lbeasey Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Why did you feel the need to do her workouts 2x a day. I have done 30D Shred and Ripped in 30. I would have started out 1x a day until you at least went through a full week. She is brutal until you get use to the workout intensity. It is very different than running. Good luck!
  • tchat2011
    tchat2011 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm starting it today!!! Best of luck to you and hope you see results super fast! Keep at it :)
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I was super sore after day 1, especially my butt! But, I finished day 5 tonight & no soreness :)
  • siabevis
    Options
    Why did you feel the need to do her workouts 2x a day. I have done 30D Shred and Ripped in 30. I would have started out 1x a day until you at least went through a full week. She is brutal until you get use to the workout intensity. It is very different than running. Good luck!

Just a bored air force wife whose husband is deployed. nothing better to do lol. figured id stop sleeping in and being lazy before work and after work.
  • Mandakat17
    Options
    I was the same as you when I first started. I could hardly walk after the 2nd day. By day 4 the soreness goes away.
  • martini83
    martini83 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Same here i had to hold the toilet walls to sit down, even walking hurt but day 4 and it got much better, have a long bath and get some deep heat and massage onto sore area's.
  • stef_3
    stef_3 Posts: 173
    Options
    Maybe try only doing it 1x a day and doing your walking/running in place of the other time until you get used to it.
  • siabevis
    Options
    I was the same as you when I first started. I could hardly walk after the 2nd day. By day 4 the soreness goes away.

Im starting to wonder if THIS makes my butt sore, what am I gonna think about the buns/thighs video she has? I just downloaded it online! Starting it after Ripped in 30.
  • Mrswheels01
    Mrswheels01 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Granted I didn't do it tice a day but my soreness was pretty much gone by day three.
  • rebeccask
    rebeccask Posts: 170
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 day shred now and am on level 2 at the moment. I usually do it in the morning before work and then I run after work. I've heard it's best to do cardio along with the 30 day shred.
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    4 days.

What? Wait...did you say you're doing 2-a-day????? Holy Crap! I think I would have died!

<<<<bowing down in awe>>>>

Seriously, I asked my DH to install a handrail on the bathroom wall beside the toilet, and nearly cried if I had to negotiate stairs. Your thighs and glutes will forgive you and thank you for it in the long run.

I got great results from the Shred, and it primed me to take on more challenges. I actully started P90X Sunday...wouldn't have ever had the confidence or strength for it without Jillian.

Rock it, and enjoy the ride!!!!!!
  • highnam
    Options
    i also have started the 30day Shred and im on day 3. A question for all who have done the 30day shred b4, did you see results ?and did you lose kg's. Thanks guys. Very excited about seeing the end result.

p.s Great abs - siabevis :happy:
  • siabevis
    Options
    4 days.

What? Wait...did you say you're doing 2-a-day????? Holy Crap! I think I would have died!

<<<<bowing down in awe>>>>

Seriously, I asked my DH to install a handrail on the bathroom wall beside the toilet, and nearly cried if I had to negotiate stairs. Your thighs and glutes will forgive you and thank you for it in the long run.

I got great results from the Shred, and it primed me to take on more challenges. I actully started P90X Sunday...wouldn't have ever had the confidence or strength for it without Jillian.

Rock it, and enjoy the ride!!!!!!

Heck yeah you go girl!!!! i heard P90x was the BOMB!! I gotta try that eventually :) Im also doing CrossFit a few days a week. My goal is to get the best butt/legs i can within 3 months... my husband comes home soon!!
  • aprilbriann
    Options
    I was REALLY sore until bout the 4th day. Now It hurts but not sore afterwards!
  • amberl10
    amberl10 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I would say around 4-5 days. As long as it's just sore muscles and not an injury just keep pushing through. I know I was doing a new workout with lots of squats and my thighs hurt so bad going up and down our stairs. It finally let up about day 4. I used biofreeze I had on hand from the chiropractor to soothe the muscles.
  • ailanismami
    Options
    You just reminded me that I have this DVD! Think I'm going to get my butt off the couch and do it tonight! ;-)
  • siabevis
    Options
    Cool thanks yall! Glad this is the norm lol. Im just WOWed by this 20 min workout.