Keeping your actual weight a secret from loved one?

Options
13»

Replies

• carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    No, my hubby knows. And always has. It's almost like I'd rather have it known than out there like the white elephant in the room. :/ Like I'm stating the obvious b/c it's better than the guesses!? I have weighed more than my dh for a while now (since the beginning of the year at least and before that b/c I was pregnant and had put on some weight before I got pregnant)....not anymore! woohoo!! I wonder why it's such a huge thing to weigh more than our so's?? I guess b/c women are "supposed" to be dainty and delicate and have big strong men....
  • alaskan_blue
    Options
    My boyfriend doesn't know my real weight but then, he's never asked.
  • margo36
    margo36 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    My Partner knows how much I weigh and supports my weight loss. All he says don't lose too much and end up a bag of bones He likes curvy women :flowerforyou:
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I still live with my mum and she has this habit of sabotaging me when she knows I'm losing weight. It's not intentional but she still does it despite a couple of arguments we've had about it. So currently my weight and the fact I'm back doing weight loss is a secret.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Wow, this thread is really surprising to me. I've never kept my weight a secret from my husband. He sees what I look like, what difference does it make what a scale says.
  • jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream.... I am in the same boat. My guy knows how much I have lost and that I am smaller now than when we met 6 years ago. The exact weight he doesn't know. I have always out weighed him. After we moved in together I gained 60 pounds, he gained 25. He isn't overweight, but he does have a belly going on. He does know my goal weight (not how much to lose to get there) because my reward for reaching it will be to throw him out of a plane....with a parachute of course.
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I do not tell my husband how much I weigh.

However, when I get within ten pounds of my goal weight, then I will probably let it slip.

Now, I just say "Oh, I lost a pound" or whatever. He's very encouraging about my weight loss. Sometimes a little *too* encouraging. Hence why I dont tell him the real number.
  • ccarpe
    ccarpe Posts: 118
    Options
    I used to.....but then when I started to lose, I just told him. It made me feel better about my progress for some reason:)

Yes I agree. I kept it a secret for over 20 years. When I finally told him, July of this year, I think it made us closer. He is very supportive, loves me very much and I trust him with everything else, so I figured why not. It has definitely helped me to keep focused and I think it has helped me with losing weight, because it was a weight off my shoulders.
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    My husband is the only person who knows my actual weight! And that's a good thing cos I get to start wearing my new gold watch when I break through the 100kg mark, so he definitely needs to know.

He is also a great support for me and even though he doesn't need to lose weight, he gets up early mornings to walk with me, comes bike riding on weekends, and now struggles to keep up with me on the dance floor (instead of me struggling to keep up with him.) This journey has been good for both of us, and for our relationship.
  • jellybeans13
    jellybeans13 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm too embarrassed to tell anyone my weight, except that I'm on a diet and I want my BMI to be below 30 again. Luckily the guys I dated had BMIs over 30 too and were also trying to lose weight :)
  • cinnamonbay
    Options
    Yes as a matter of fact i have been married to my husband for 14 years and never told him my actual weight. My frineds and him never would guess what i have really weighed. They all know how much I have lost too but not my starting weight. I said that one day i might tell them when I finally get where I want to be. I don't know, I just don't want them to thing badly of me I guess.
  • bllowry
    bllowry Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    When I started I hadn't been on a scale for months; my hubby was with me when I went to the doctor, so he knew I'd hit an all time high. At that point I out weighed him by over 35 pounds. He's been very, very supportive and as a result I've almost caught him, and with his support and encouragement I will pass his weight soon, even though he is also losing weight as well.

I had a 'scale' momment this morning in that I was calling for him to come look at the scale to make sure I wasn't misreading it :laugh: