sad

Options
I exercised more than usual, at only my 1200 calories sometimes less and i lost 0 pounds this week! today marks my 1 month mark of exercising and dieting i have lost 10.4 pounds but this week i worked so hard..... maybe i should cut lunch and dinner carbs?

im just sad i wanted to lose 1lb at least to get to the 189..... to get out of the 190...

sw"201
cw 190.6
gw 140

Replies

• tchat2011
    tchat2011 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    do you switch up your exercise plan?? Sometimes that helps )
    And don't give up ~ it happens to everyone. You'll get past this, keep your goal in mind!
  • comeback0903
    comeback0903 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I do ;o(
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Hey 10 and a half pounds in a month is nothing to be sad about! You're doing great. You may not see the results of all your work this week until next week. It doesn't always show up the same week. Just keep up the good work.
  • AuntSissy152
    AuntSissy152 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I would be thrilled if I lost ten-1/2 in one month. You should be thrilled! Keep up the good work.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Hey congrats on your progress! That's awesome.

Don't worry too much about the weekly number - take measurements and notice how you are feeling (more energized, perhaps?) These are NSV's (non-scale victories) and are super important also!

Who knows, maybe TOM is lurking? That always makes me retain a couple pounds of water and then the week after = big loss. :) Hang in there and stick with it - you're doing this to be healthy, remember? The scale has no choice but to conform eventually, right?
  • geekymom57
    geekymom57 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I exercised more than usual, at only my 1200 calories sometimes less and i lost 0 pounds this week! today marks my 1 month mark of exercising and dieting i have lost 10.4 pounds but this week i worked so hard..... maybe i should cut lunch and dinner carbs?

sw"201
    cw 190.6
    gw 140
    In my humble opinion, if you've lost over 10 pounds in a month it is neither unexpected nor unlikely that you may reached a plateau or a mini-plateau. I completely understand the frustration, but it's virtually impossible that you will keep up your initial weight loss pass. Just keep doing what you're doing, don't go under, don't do crazy with exercising, and give your body some time to adjust to its new natural level.

If it makes you feel any better, I started MFP in late March at about 5 pounds less than you, have been very diligent in my food, exercise, etc., and often go 2 weeks or more without a measurable loss. Maybe my snail's pace loss if what gives me a more pragmatic perspective on your situation. :ohwell:
  • mrsway
    mrsway Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    To me it sounds like you aren't eating enough. Try eating at least 200-400 more calories on days that you work out hard. Starvation mode is a real thing and it will cause the numbers on the scale to stay the same or even go up which is majorly disappointing. I would try eating more for a week and see what happens. For me I keep finding that I need to keep upping my calorie intake in order to keep the numbers on the scale going down. If it works for you then you may want to adjust your daily calorie goals. Ultimately you have to find the right combo of food and exercise that work for you, and it may need continual re-evaluation. HTH
  • looking4au
    looking4au Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I think you are being to hard on yourself. Ten lbs in one month is awesome. Good job and keep up the good work.