October Challenge and Support Group

Options
Last month I managed the September Shredders. It was a great experience! Lots of weight lost on our team so I'm looking to do it again this month! I'm looking for about 20 MFPs to join us in trying to lose 10 pounds in October. Most people didn't lose 10 but it was still a great experience. Our weigh in day is Friday (if you weigh in on another day just let me know). We will have nutritional and exercise challenges each week to aid in losing those 10 pounds. You must be willing to support your teammates by just being an active mfp! I'll take the first 20 mfps who think they can dedicate themselves to one month of ramping it up to burn off those pounds. Send me a friend request or privae message with your October starting weight and I'll set up a spread sheet to track our data and create a new thread for us to chat on!! Oh last month our team created the name September Shredders and I created the graphic below, it would be great if we could come up with a creative name for October too! Let me know if you have any ideas!

Replies

• LittleFootLT11
    Options
    Sent :-)
  • FWBP
    FWBP Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Loss-Tober-Fest ;)
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hello, I would love to join your team and take the challenge. I am having a hard time losing the weight I need to and I think this type of challenge may help me. Please feel free to check out my profile and add me as a friend if you would like to. You need to come up with a name like Halloween Hotties or something like that.

Bev
  • Shalimarmandy
    Shalimarmandy Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Loss-Tober-Fest ;)
    Cute!! I like it!
  • LittleFootLT11
    Options
    Loss-Tober-Fest ;)

Ahahaha that's great
  • rocki21
    rocki21 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am so excited for this month
  • Shalimarmandy
    Options
    Same here Rocki21 glad you are staying in for another month!
  • Shalimarmandy
    Options
    Still have room for about 10 more people if anyone else is interested :)
  • rocki21
    rocki21 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am so dedicated to your groups they are so much fun
  • mystamina
    Options
    I'd like to join if there is still room. I was on here last summer and lost a lot of weight and made some good habits. Then I got pregnant and miscarried (not planned - my oldest is 20 YO). LOL. So I came back. I have a new name since I forgot my last password.

:smile: mystamina
  • kwoodgate
    Options
    I'd love to join! I'm just starting my weight loss journey and this is exactly what I need for exercise motivation! :-)
  • Shalimarmandy
    Options
    Thanks Rocki!!!!!
  • Shalimarmandy
    Options
    Still have some spaces open! I guess this is what happens when I leave gathering the a new group until the last minute! But hey that give you a chance to join!
  • icandothistrish85
    Options
    Hi y'all! I'm Tricia and I'd like to join the challenge! I'm working on losing 20 more pounds before my 27th birthday in January 2012. I've already lost 80lbs in the last 10 months. I run 10 miles every weekday morning, strength train 3x per week, practice yoga 2x per week and I hike once per week. I've sent friend/support buddy requests to everyone on here, looking forward to an awesome Rockin' Walkin' October!
  • Shalimarmandy
    Options
    So far this is who we have
    bevsdietfor2011
    FWBP
    icandothistrish85
    Jaunelle
    Kelleman1
    Ken1994
    Kerryc9
    Kisnell1981
    Littlefootlt11
    prettyandslimming
    Rocki21
    Shalimarmandy
    Pending starting weight
    kwoodgate
    Straitfanatic
  • wantnofat
    Options
    I'm new and willing to join :)
  • flamegirl72
    flamegirl72 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join the group! Sounds like fun!! My weigh in day is Tuesdays though if that works. Name's Tina by the way :)
  • pjfmaui73
    pjfmaui73 Posts: 408
    Options
    I would love to join as well...I had to have a total hyst almost 8 wks ago and I'm all healed and need to get back at the weight loss that's stated. Thanks :flowerforyou:
  • Shalimarmandy
    Options
    WELCOME!!!!

pjfmaui73
    wantnofat
    flamegirl72

Just need a starting weight - Your most recent weigh in will do :)
  • Shalimarmandy
    Options
    Be sure to friend our group mates....
    Littlefootlt11
    FWBP
    Kerryc9
    Jaunelle
    Kelleman1
    prettyandslimming
    bevsdietfor2011
    icandothistrish85