30 Days Shred

Options
i just bought Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred and I was wondering if you guys who have done this challenge have any tips for me. How long did you do each level for? Can you do more than 1 workout a day? What were your results.

Also, I'm gonna be starting tomorrow, so if anyone would like to join me, let me know :)

Replies

• siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    Im doing it twice a day. I can barely move and on day two hahaha
  • Kalley1959
    Kalley1959 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it once a day and just moved up to level 2 today. My muscles hurt today :)
  • girard5
    girard5 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Im on day 10 - started level 2 yesterday and all I can say is ouch today lol! Jillian knows what she's doing so get ready for a workout and be prepared to be sore a day + after! I am finding that I am sore today in places I didn't even know were possible lol! Good luck and I will send a friend request - we can keep eachother motivated!
  • skinnyminniexx
    skinnyminniexx Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i ordered it and i'll probably receive it on thursday. can't wait!! i'll friend you so we can keep each other motivated!!
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    The first time I did The Shred I did each level once per day for 10 days. I lost 14.5 pounds and 8.75 inches in a month.

Good luck!
  • kagome5555
    kagome5555 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Im doing it twice a day. I can barely move and on day two hahaha
    Yeah I'll bet! I've heard it's a pretty tough workout
  • kagome5555
    Options
    Im on day 10 - started level 2 yesterday and all I can say is ouch today lol! Jillian knows what she's doing so get ready for a workout and be prepared to be sore a day + after! I am finding that I am sore today in places I didn't even know were possible lol! Good luck and I will send a friend request - we can keep eachother motivated!
    Feeling sore makes me feel like I must be doing something right haha! Alright :)
  • kagome5555
    Options
    i ordered it and i'll probably receive it on thursday. can't wait!! i'll friend you so we can keep each other motivated!!
    Alright sounds good :) Hope you get it soon! I'm excited to start too!
  • tamiallen79
    Options
    i just started it today and boy was it an work out i will proabaly do stage 1 for 2 wks and so on . good luck with yours
  • ahinescapron
    ahinescapron Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I am starting tomorrow! I don't know if I am going to to it every day, but at least five times a week. I hope it works!
  • kagome5555
    Options
    The first time I did The Shred I did each level once per day for 10 days. I lost 14.5 pounds and 8.75 inches in a month.

Good luck!
    Have you done it again since then? 14.5 pounds though, that's impressive!
  • fairygirl716
    Options
    I completed day 8 on level 1 today. I am working it every day no breaks. I will be doing 10 days at each level. It is an intense workout that will do as promised. I took pictures and measurements on the first day. On day 7 I took pictures again to see if anything was noticeable. I was completely surprised because there WAS a visible change! Not only to myself, but to my mom and husband also. I haven't lost any weight, but I've lost some in measurements.

My best advice....stick to it! You will be sore and you will likely have to make modifications in some of the moves (I was really sore days 2 and 3 but really improved day 4). But, if you stick with it and push through you will see results. I can't wait to see day 30! It's only 25 minutes out of your day...you can do it.

Note: I am doing Zumba 2 days per week and walking 3 days also.
  • tammylwv
    tammylwv Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I just started it yesterday. did day 2 just about 40min ago. it's is tough for me. It's definitely NOT like the ellipitcal or treadmill at the gym. Everyone says it gets easier with each day though and I'm looking forward to that. :)
  • tammylwv
    tammylwv Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    awesome! woohoo
    I completed day 8 on level 1 today. I am working it every day no breaks. I will be doing 10 days at each level. It is an intense workout that will do as promised. I took pictures and measurements on the first day. On day 7 I took pictures again to see if anything was noticeable. I was completely surprised because there WAS a visible change! Not only to myself, but to my mom and husband also. I haven't lost any weight, but I've lost some in measurements.

My best advice....stick to it! You will be sore and you will likely have to make modifications in some of the moves (I was really sore days 2 and 3 but really improved day 4). But, if you stick with it and push through you will see results. I can't wait to see day 30! It's only 25 minutes out of your day...you can do it.

Note: I am doing Zumba 2 days per week and walking 3 days also.
  • AliciaLucas_72
    AliciaLucas_72 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I started Level one last week. My plan is to do it on Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays. ionly was able to do it 2 times last week due to a cold that knocked me onmy *kitten* for 2 days but i did it today and the push ups were a little easier and my stamina is better.
    i think if i do it 3 days a week for the next two weeks i can move to level 2 and so on. It leaves me sore and sweaty so it's all good. good luck

P.S. I am also walking two days a week on my non shred days and I am incorporating some pilates. i am slowly getting an exercise routine together
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I started today and i have done it in the past however have not ever been able to finish it. Every time I have started it I have been sore the next day so I know what to expect but ugh not looking forward to waking up tomorrow morning. :laugh:
  • jaimealison
    Options
    I would love to do it with you, I have had this dvd for almost a year and never consistently followed through with the 30 days!