Suspenders & a Belt?!

Options
2»

Replies

• jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Of course you CAN wear both, but in my opinion it will look rather silly.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    You will be mocked...then shunned....and then rotten food will be thrown at you. thsmiley_consoling.gif
  • Salpica
    Salpica Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    You will be mocked...then shunned....and then rotten food will be thrown at you. thsmiley_consoling.gif

original.0

FOOD FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Anyone who suggests that you can wear both suspenders and a belt doesn't care for your well-being.

Take this sartorial advice for the wedding party: There will be pictures. Many, many, many pictures. And you're tending bar which means that you are the source of the good time. You're more than likely to end up in a picture or two muddling that mint or leveling shots.

Try on your outfit [minus belt and suspenders] and look in a mirror. Is your shirt darker than your tie? If so, then you *do* look like a total Summer's Eve. Wear a white shirt and have fun with a royal purple bow tie. It's a good autumnal color.

I say skip the suspenders and stick with the belt, but if you really want to splash things up wear a cummerbund that matches your bow tie.

Cheers.
    -wtk

Seriously, take his wisdom. He knows what he's talking about and has impeccable taste. (from what I have gotten in our brief online back & forths)

I do think wearing both would be a complete disaster which is the last thing I would think you would want going to a wedding.
  • Salpica
    Salpica Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Anyone who suggests that you can wear both suspenders and a belt doesn't care for your well-being.

Take this sartorial advice for the wedding party: There will be pictures. Many, many, many pictures. And you're tending bar which means that you are the source of the good time. You're more than likely to end up in a picture or two muddling that mint or leveling shots.

Try on your outfit [minus belt and suspenders] and look in a mirror. Is your shirt darker than your tie? If so, then you *do* look like a total Summer's Eve. Wear a white shirt and have fun with a royal purple bow tie. It's a good autumnal color.

I say skip the suspenders and stick with the belt, but if you really want to splash things up wear a cummerbund that matches your bow tie.

Cheers.
    -wtk

Seriously, take his wisdom. He knows what he's talking about and has impeccable taste. (from what I have gotten in our brief online back & forths)

I do think wearing both would be a complete disaster which is the last thing I would think you would want going to a wedding.

I agree that it seems he has a ton of wisdom with what he is saying.

I think I am going to try them both and see how it looks. Worse case scenario, I wear both and I take the suspenders off....