i need motivation.

Options
i was doing really well in the fall semester with going to the gym everyday and watching what i ate and i felt so good. that was until my boyfriend of three years just up and left me for another girl. i'm having a really hard time getting back to the gym and eating healthier. any ideas?

Replies

• roliepolienicolie
    Options
    i was doing really well in the fall semester with going to the gym everyday and watching what i ate and i felt so good. that was until my boyfriend of three years just up and left me for another girl. i'm having a really hard time getting back to the gym and eating healthier. any ideas?
  • WISHFULTHINKING
    WISHFULTHINKING Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    since he up and left show him u dont need him and do this withotu him and ull be back in notime. ull be doing great

best of luck:tongue:
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Seriously you don't need him! Let him see what he's missing when your super fit! YOU CAN DO IT! :happy:
  • breadaddict
    breadaddict Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi Sweetie,
    Your motivation is YOU! Imagine this...
    - You wake up feeling rested, strong and energized
    - All of the clothes in your closet not only fit but they look great on you
    - Finishing a workout feeling like you can do anything, strong, confident and proud.
    - When you walk around, you have a sense of confidence and peace knowing you are taking care of YOU
    - You glow....

These are all the side-effects of eating well and working out... You do it for YOU. It's all in your hands and maybe the end of this relationship is the best thing that 2009 could possibly bring you. Everything happens for a reason. Just know that you are the only one who can take care of you. So you might as well do the best job at it! :)
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    letting him or anyone get to you like that and letting it have a negative effect is giving that person power they do not derserve. take that power back and use it for a good thing like getting back in the gym.
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    A break up like that is rough and no one here really knows the situation or your history with him. This is the time to make your own history. Think about how good you felt when you were working out and eating right, not just emotionally with boosted self esteem, but physically too. You deserve to feel that good everyday and you can make it happen. Plus exercise is a good stress buster and if your feeling some anger, take it out in a kickboxing class (or video). Channel your emotions for something good. You can do it.