Anyone use weekly totals instead of daily?

Options
I was wondering if anyone saw any flaws in looking at things on a weekly basis instead of daily? I go over on some days on my calories goals and under on others (staying above 1200/day though) and some days I am constantly moving and others I am very lazy. The days where I am really active I actually eat less (probably due to lack of time and lack of boredom) so lets say I have 4 really good calorie deficits and calorie burn days but then 3 where I'm just barely below maintenance calories and don't work out does that matter if the math at the end of the week equals 3500 calorie loss? My cal goal is 1500 a day and I ate 1700 can I sleep at night knowing I can just burn 400 cals in the morning to make up for it and then some to balance the next day out? Its 10pm and I went over my goal but I really don't feel like jumping on the treadmil this late at night....Just wanted some feedback....

Replies

• Fiyero
    Fiyero Posts: 31
    Options
    I am actually a fan of this. On my workout days, I find it hard to meet that calorie goal as I would need to eat like a beast. Then there is the rest day where if I restricted that much, I would be uncomfortably hungry all day. Curious what others think though.
  • Fiyero
    Options
    duplicate removed
  • Fiyero
    Options
    Duplicate removed
  • Fiyero
    Options
    Duplicate removed
  • Fiyero
    Options
    Another dup, sorry guys.
  • Fiyero
    Options
    dup
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    As long as it's working for you stick with it!! Nothing wrong with it at all.
  • ccmccoy09
    ccmccoy09 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I do it too, not on a regular basis, but if I have an event or a dinner out, I eat a little lighter to "save up" calories for a day before and a day after. So far, so good.