4 month old baby, breastfeeding, full-time working and stude

I just joined My Fitness Pal about 5 days ago. My baby turned 4 months yesterday too. I have been breastfeeding her since day one and will keep doing this till she's one year old. I want to fit back into my pre-pregnancy clothes, lose weight and tone up. I need to lose about 45-50 lbs to be in my ideal weight. I really want to achieve this. My boyfriend is joining the military soon and I will be at home with my baby girl and my son who is 9 years old. I want to surprise him and do this for myself.

I love running, walking, swimming, and the gym.

I need some support from other girls going through the same. Send me a message and add me for mutual support.
Only interested in other new moms or gals trying to lose weight.

Thank you!!!!! Best luck to you :)

Replies

• Best wishes to you and your young family. You are already on your way to success. You are breastfeeding and that will help you achieve your fitness and weight loss goals. Hang in there and be consistent and you can't fail! Every day, log in your food and exercise. Keep your calories down to 1500. Exercise every day for at least an hour. Keep breastfeeding. Blessings! :)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    I would caution against restricting calories too low while breast feeding (1500 seems WAY too low). This can cause milk supply issues. I had to eat a LOT while nursing and yeah, the weight loss took a long time but that was okay. What I'd suggest is going into MFP goals, setting yours to a half pound a week, seeing the number it comes up with, then go back and set them custom, add 500 to that number for breast feeding....
  • caripta85
    caripta85 Posts: 102 Member
    Hi, I am a breastfeeding mom to an 8 month old, also plan on nursing for at least a year! Everyone says when they nurse the weight just flies off, but not in my case!! Feel free to add me as a friend, I went back to work when my son was 2.5 months until he was 4 months old. Will probably rejoin the work force around the holidays!
  • eml5
    eml5 Posts: 1
    Hi. I am a breastfeeding mom as well. My daughter is now 6 1/2 weeks old. I am back to work already and make time to pump, so that I do not mess up with feeding schedule that my daughter has going. I am hoping to lose weight as well.

I do argree with Rachel6503 that 1500 is way too low of a calories to consume because I have seen myself go over my food intake to keep up with the energy to help feed my daugther.
    I also just read a article about it too... which suggests exactly what Rachel6503 mentioned.
    http://www.ehow.com/about_4598063_many-do-burn-day-breastfeeding_.html