Buying JM 30 DS tomorrow!

Options
After seeing all of the fantastic before and after results, I am heading down to the store tomorrow and picking this up! Some questions!!

1.) Do any of you continue with your regular workouts along with it? I am fairly certain I am going to continue all of my walking and pilates and stairstepping anyway.

2.) Do I need to get any wieghts or anything? What kind of workouts are they that I need to get additional items for?

3.) Any extra helpful advice on the program?

Thanks!

Replies

• rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i continued with my walking. but i only did it for 5 days before i got sick and got forced into a break.
    i alternate between 3lb and 5 lb weights, depending on how strong im feeling that day
  • Camey44
    Camey44 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You will need hand weights and a floor mat if your going to workout on a hard floor (not carpeted).
  • smashleymcgee
    smashleymcgee Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    1) As long as you are up for it, definitely continue your other workouts because the video is only 20 minutes. I took one or two days a week and just did the 30DS, and used those as my "rest days"

2) You will need hand weights and a mat if you are working out on a hard surface. I would suggest getting a few different weights, like I had 3 and 5 lbs, but a friend of mine used 3 lbs and water bottles (roughly 1 lb).

3) Good luck! A lot of people have had great success using these videos.
  • caripta85
    caripta85 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    i had 3 lb weights and honestly they were too heavy sometimes, so i used 1 lb! No other equipment needed. You can continue with your other workouts, i am doing the shred along with c25k. I shred everyday (not missed one day) and c25k 3 x week. As far as advice, take before measurements and pics. The scale doesn't move much at least in the beginning and it is easy to get discouraged. It took me to day 20 to lose weight! But the difference in my body is noticeable, stick with it and you will see results. And i always tell myself, there are no excuses! i do it everyday even when i don't want to! Best of luck :)
  • miss_christine
    miss_christine Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    well, i'm only on day 2, so it's not like i'm a wealth of knowledge, but anyhoo:

dumbells: i think they use 3-5lb in the video. i'm using some 2lb ones that were hanging around the house, and i'm plenty sore. i just saw them in my local (canadian) walmart for around $4 each.

yoga mat: for your crunches and pushups

i have to say, it kicks your butt. i watched it through yesterday, so it would be easier to follow. i hate getting lost in exercise videos, it's so frustrating! it didn't look too bad when i was eating yogurt in front of the tv. today... i hate stairs and anything that looks like a stair. day 3 tomorrow!

good luck!
  • MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    just stick with it...if you don't make it through day 1 , do it again the next day and try to get a bit farther- don't force yourself...but also don't say you can't do it and make excuses! You will be surprised how fast your body will adapt to the intensity. I get sick of her explaining now that I have done the dvd a while- so I mute it and play music in the background of my own or something from hulu- just a thought. Good luck--and keep updating on how its going!!!
  • MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    sorry forgot to address your questions- yes you need weights, yes I do it w/other exercise programs- but some people don't- your preference. I also do level 1 and 2 if I have the motivation and energy-and time. That is 1 nice thing- they are only 20 min which goes by fast after you do it several times. ...ok...enough....get to it girl! :)
  • hrobinson416
    hrobinson416 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! I took measurements today - will weigh in the morning and take pics tomorrow....yuck pics...lol. Will keep you posted :-) I am hoping it will be a great jump start. I have been losing about a pound a day for several days now but I am excited to see if this program will produce good results for me. I think I will definitely keep walking every day and will have to see about the pilates and stair stepper lol. The vid sounds vicious!